Weapon Mount causes floating swords

kungfubellydancer

Tamb0, you're a freaken' genius!

I had a sneaking suspicion that the problem lay with the pairing of the activator and the plaque. The pic that you provided highlighted it.

Because it is a shield mount I only wanted to use one half of the weapon mount so I was using the right side of the mount turned on it side (so it looked like a club shape). The activator I was using was the mid mount activator. I am assuming that this miss-pairing may have been the reason why the shield would appear in the air on the right side of the player.

I simply blended the mid mount piece (the little round circle) into the inverted right mount, linked the activator to the mid mount piece and it works like a charm!

Kudos to you for all your help.

I have done all of this - duplicate, cut and paste from in game plaques and have plaques that will accept the swords and shields, but will not release them. It's like they are dead once they are equipped. I have checked through all of the settings that I know of and they seem to be identical to the other plaques in the game, scripts and links intact. Any advice? Edited by ch0k3h0ld

I have done all of this - duplicate, cut and paste from in game plaques and have plaques that will accept the swords and shields, but will not release them. It's like they are dead once they are equipped. I have checked through all of the settings that I know of and they seem to be identical to the other plaques in the game, scripts and links intact. Any advice?

Try exiting, and re-entering the cell, and/or waiting a few hours, and/or restarting the game. I've had weapons stored on racks in vanilla Proudspire Manor that did the same thing, and doing the above worked at the time, in that it finally got them to release the weapons.

Don't copy them, duplicate them and move them away from the original, then cut (not copy) and paste into your own cell.

For some reason, I've found that copying can cause problems as well (seems to keep it linked to the original cell).

This happens with mannequins as well. Maybe that's why they start walking around. (looking for their original cell) :D

This could be true! You know, the female mannequins have asked me for directions... but the male mannequins don't! Must be inherent! :tongue:

Thanks for the advice Tamb0. I'll give the cut and paste a go and see if that fixes the issue, but if it doesn't I'll upload the esp and link to it if you are still willing to have a look at it.

I appreciate your help.

Here's a quick pic to help

The COA does not mean Certificate Of Authenticity as per Microsoft :D

It actually means Coat of Arms, but as there is no Coat of Arms in Skyrim, they just put a shield there instead.

Are you saying that we can add more than one activator to one plaque ?

Are you saying that we can add more than one activator to one plaque ?

There are two types of plaque. One type is a full size base and will let you add a single weapon. It has 1 activator.

The other type is the the Coat of Arms (COA) plaque. This is the more fancy display and comes in 3 pieces (plus 3 activators). It will let you add 2 weapons (crossed) with a shield in the middle. It has 3 pieces and 3 activators.

Of course, you don't need to use all 3. You can just use the left and right piece, for a crossed swords effect. (with left and right activators).

The little disk can be used on it's own (with it's activator) as well, if you just want a shield mount.

See picture above

Okay, I fixed my plaques. Well, not really fixed. I got the problem plaques to work by pulling them farther away from the walls. For some reason, the plaques on the walls that run east to west will not work if they are within about 16 units from the wall face. Of course, the Warehouse runs east to west, so almost all of the plaques are on the long walls. I never dreamed they needed to be so far away on just one angle. I tried rotating them off of the 0 and 180 angles but a few degrees don't make them work right. Anyway, they now sit a little out from the walls but they work.

• 2 years later...

Here's my personal floating sword issue in Lakeview Manor. Is there a fix for this bug? Has it been done or can it be done? I'm not a skyrim modder, can't get the CK to work properly(i do alright with GECK though) so if someone knows of an esp that fixes this i would love to know. every time I go into the cellar the sword is further from the center of the plaque

This is the plaque at the bottom of the ladder as you go into the cellar

Edited by TheHeroOfTime