[IMPORTANT] Load Order and You

wrinklyninja

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Wrinkly,

the new solution is just a wonderful invention by Bethesda.

Unfortunately this makes the new system necessary. But I have a question, as i hear there is a new synchronization between two files essential, the loadorder.txt and the plugins.txt. A redundancy.

Would it not make sense to put the inactive plug-ins in a bashedpatch_loadorder.txt file, only them?

As the bashedpatch.esp of WB is the only tool I know to use inactive plug-ins, wouldn't it make sense to have only a list here, which contains the inactive plug-ins in the right order?

in fact no synchronization would be necessary between plugins.txt and bashedpatch_loadorder.txt ( the name is just used by making it functionality obvious).

I may lack knowledge about other tools currently using inactivated plug-ins, and I do apologize if so.

PS:

Why couldnt Bethesda allow to inactivate plugins by a simple ";" or "#" (modern programming conventions do it this way in general)

Edited by fingerschnipp

Hello Wrinkly,

the new solution is just a wonderful invention by Bethesda.

Unfortunately this makes the new system necessary. But I have a question, as i hear there is a new synchronization between two files essential, the loadorder.txt and the plugins.txt. A redundancy.

Would it not make sense to put the inactive plug-ins in a bashedpatch_loadorder.txt file, only them?

As the bashedpatch.esp of WB is the only tool I know to use inactive plug-ins, wouldn't it make sense to have only a list here, which contains the inactive plug-ins in the right order?

in fact no synchronization would be necessary between plugins.txt and bashedpatch_loadorder.txt ( the name is just used by making it functionality obvious).

I may lack knowledge about other tools currently using inactivated plug-ins, and I do apologize if so.

PS:

Why couldnt Bethesda allow to inactivate plugins by a simple ";" or "#" (modern programming conventions do it this way in general)

1. Other utilities need to show total load order (and allow editing of it) too, so a universal file is necessary. Otherwise you'd have Bash and NMM, etc. telling you different things.

2. Plugins.txt does allow '#' comments, but is Windows-1252 encoded so can only hold a subset of possible filenames, which isn't good enough.

How does one make merged files appear in the load order?

I myself have been running boss, copy pasting the list into loadorder and plugins.txt then I set them both to read only so that no changes are made.

But I am curious how the + files of files merged in bash patch should appear?

I am a little lost with all the information that is out on what needs to be done for load orders and the files that have to be edited.

I currently use NMM, BOSS, and Bash. Is there a step by step guide out there that is current? What do I need to do, what files do I have to edit, and where can I find them?

Thank you.

I am a little lost with all the information that is out on what needs to be done for load orders and the files that have to be edited.

I currently use NMM, BOSS, and Bash. Is there a step by step guide out there that is current? What do I need to do, what files do I have to edit, and where can I find them?

Thank you.

I did seem to find some kind of solution. when running wrye bash; copy paste the list into both plugins and loadorder.txt. If you're using bashed patch, put a ## in front of the green files. This seems to give me a "purple" save.

possibly I'm dumb...but I still can't find either of these text files. I run Windows 7 and I have Skyrim loaded into my D drive not my C (as that's a small SSD) I have made all files and folders visible but no plugins.txt or loadorder.txt anywhere.

No idea where to try next so I guess I will just have to use the in game load order and hope for the best. :ermm:

Ignore me..I just found them :rolleyes:

Edited by gentester