[IMPORTANT] Load Order and You

wrinklyninja

Anyone who use Mod Organiser reply me as soon as possible!

My problem is a strange from my point of view. I activate every mod in order without any conflict but i somehow cant load the game because its keep saying 'MO is locked while the executable is running' when i want to load. I maybe se a small window when i click the 'Run' button but its only a sec. I dont have a chance to click that 'unlock' button because its vanish to fast. Also when i look into the 'mo_interface.log' i read this:

C:/Games/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/ModOrganizer/ModOrganizer.log not found

localization omo_loader_hu_HU not found

localization qt_hu_HU not found

"C:/Games/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/SkyrimLauncher.exe" not set up as executable

I dont know why not work! I hope someone can help with this.

I realy need it!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So heres a question..

I'm usuing several steam plugins, and HD 2k.

In nmm I can arrange the order of the plugins but not the mod. I have no idea where hd sk sits in the load order. there are several water retextures that do a better job of flow and realism i.e W.A.T.E.R. / Pure waters

But theres no way for me to decide which overwrites the 2k water textures, or any others.. I used nmm to install hd 2k so it sits under the mods list and not installed plugins.

Any insight?

• 5 months later...

Sounds like the "Awesome Order Request", that i have suggested in my old mod app http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2126 . Just in case it helps, ill explain it a bit more. The idea was to make modders create a txt file with a list of esp/esm file names, that are placed in the right order.

For example,

you have by default

skyrim.esp

dlc.esp

you have two mods, one has

files

data/applejack.esp

data/apple.esp

the you create a txt file in your mod directory and write in it something like this

skyrim.esp

dlc.esp

applejack.esp

stuff.esp

apple.esp

then, there is another mod that has files, like

files

data/pinkie.esp

data/jump.esp

and in txt this time you write

skyrim.esp

pinkie.esp

dlc.esp

apple.esp

jump.esp

trees.esp

and after install, they will be placed like this

skyrim.esp

pinkie.esp

dlc.esp

applejack.esp

apple.esp

jump.esp

basically, system tryes to find optimal mix using info from those files

i have made and tested a function in c# that works well

// yah i know its lazy code =)

SkyrimMod.order.AddRange(File.ReadAllLines(inSource + "\\order.txt"));

public static void SkyrimActivateFile(string s)
       {
           if (!s.Contains("\\Data\\") || (!s.EndsWith(".esm") && !s.EndsWith(".esp"))) return; s = s.Substring(s.LastIndexOf("\\Data\\") + "\\Data\\".Length); if (s.Contains("\\")) return;

if (!System.IO.Directory.Exists(Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "\\Skyrim\\"))
               System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "\\Skyrim\\");

string[] lines = System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "\\Skyrim\\Plugins.txt");
           List<string> lines2 = new List<string>(); foreach (string s1 in lines) { if (s == s1 || s1 == "#" + s) continue; lines2.Add(s1); }

if (SkyrimMod.order.Contains(s))
           {
               List<string> linesBefore = new List<string>();
               List<string> linesAfter = new List<string>();

foreach (var x in SkyrimMod.order) if (x == s) break; else linesBefore.Add(x);
               foreach (var x in SkyrimMod.order) if (linesBefore.Contains(x) || x == s) continue; else linesAfter.Add(x);

List<string> lines3 = new List<string>(); lines3.Add(s);

foreach (string s1 in lines2) if(linesAfter.Contains(s1)) continue; else lines3.Insert(lines3.Count-1,s1);
               foreach (string s1 in lines2) if(linesAfter.Contains(s1)) lines3.Add(s1);

lines2 = lines3;
           } 
           else lines2.Add(s);

System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "\\Skyrim\\Plugins.txt", lines2.ToArray());
       }

Edited by FireBug3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It is not clear to me, which is the load order for files outside the .esp and .esm files? All of the files in Data\Meshes, or Data\Texture...

Also, are the files obtained by facegen exporting (CTRL+F4 in Creation Kit, used for the Dark Face Bug), which are in Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\[name_of_the_esp]\ loaded with the esp related? Or are they loaded like other files outside .esp files?

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...