6220 replies to this topic

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@john8364,
That's bizarre. I mean, it shouldn't happen. Something has to be overriding Janessa's behavior for it to happen -- something with a higher alias priority. Something like a follower mod (following AI always has the top priority). Would you be using any kind of follower mod that attempts to make followers sandbox as if they weren't followers? Followers Can Relax, maybe? Something like that? Or, maybe a multiple marriage mod that operates on the vanilla spouse?

I'm not saying a mod like that would be incompatible, but a mod like that could control where your spouse wants to sandbox, overruling my mod. For example, if you have Followers Can Relax (or something similar) and have told Jenassa to relax someplace, then told her to live in the Suite, she is likely to want to leave and go back to where you told her to sandbox, because she is still technically following -- she hasn't been set free, so to speak.

One thing you might try: Let her leave the Suite. See where the heck she goes. I know that sometimes they'll leave out the back door and become a little hard to find. Just wait for her on the road in front of the Suite. Unless she is teleporting someplace due to some other mod, she should show up on the road in front of the Suite within maybe sixty seconds. If she eventually goes to another building or house and starts to sandbox, something is overruling the my mod's AI package that gets assigned when you tell a spouse to live in the Suite.

PS: I hope you didn't use placeatme in the console. That creates a duplicate. moveto is okay, though.

===================================================================

@Vylenous
I see you've been reading descriptions for other mods where it goes, "Default outfit is set to NONE! This means they will wear what you give them!"

That statement is good marketing, but completely false. The truth is this: We have very little control over what NPCs in Skyrim wear, which is hugely unfortunate. The outfit dialogues I provide in this mod are an attempt to get a small degree of control, by allowing you to select a new default outfit while the game is running. But, they are still just default outfits, which means they are subject to the standard system of control.

Skyrim's NPCs can only wear one of two things for any length of time: A default outfit, or the best gear in their inventory. The default outfit is worn when the NPC is not following. The best gear in an NPC's inventory is what is worn when an NPC is following. So, you can give an NPC better gear (which is pretty much anything when they are naked) and they will wear it, but only when they are following. Dismiss the NPC (take them out of follower mode) and they will eventually switch back to their default outfit. It might happen when they come out of the bath, or it might happen the next time you enter the Suite after leaving. The same is true of vanilla buildings and vanilla NPCs. It is how the game is designed. So, setting an NPC's default outfit to naked is in fact that only way to ensure the NPC will end up naked and stay that way, until you either change their default outfit again, or put them in follow mode while they have better gear in their inventory.

FWIW, I've spent countless hours (including this entire weekend) trying to find ways to circumvent the system, but so far, I haven't succeeded. Extended commands in SKSE don't help -- there is nothing in SKSE having to do with it. According to the CK wiki, outfits are specialized formlists. However, outfits and formlists are both object children of the Form object in Papyrus. This makes no sense to me. If outfits are specialized formlists, the outfit object should be a child of the formlist object. But, that isn't how Bethesda did it. As a result, the outfit script object has zero functions, events and properties. Meaning, you can't change what an outfit includes at all via the scripting language. You can only inherit the Form object's functions and events, which are not multi-dimensional, as are arrays, outfits and formlists. So, the best I can do with Papyrus is make an actor wear one pre-existing outfit or another. I cannot create outfits on the fly. Believe me, I've tried everything from forcing fake polymorphism to breaking the outfit system and it isn't happening.

So, in reality, when the CK wiki states that outfits are a kind of specialized formlist, it is wrong. Outfits are similar to formlists, in that they are multi-dimensional, like arrays, but that's where the similarity ends. The irony is that Bethesda would have had to create what amounts to duplicate code, because they didn't make the outfit object a child of the formlist object. Instead, they are completely unrelated in the object hierarchy and as a result, we can't alter them at runtime. In plain English that means I cannot let you guys invent your own outfits. Don't get me wrong. I've spent a ton of time trying to do just that, but I haven't succeeded.

That doesn't mean I've given up. However, I've given up on the idea that there is a proper way to do it. I don't believe there is. Now I'm looking at improper options, such as faking it with BS trickery. The problem with BS trickery is that it rarely turns out to be reliable.

Edited by migal130, 09 April 2012 - 12:58 PM.

redz06

redz06

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just installed this mod. :) I see the hatch show up in front of my house in markath but it requires the key to get in. Is this a quest item or do I buy the key from the stuart?

john8364

john8364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@migal130,
my mods for janessa is only to change appearance via npc editor, not sure whats the problem, but i will keep you posted if i ever find a solution. Also my spouse always return to my house, the one i asked her to stay at before the suite.

@redzo6,
just so you know, the key is located on the table on the right side of the master bed. Huge key, wont miss it.

Edited by john8364, 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM.

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@john8364,
EDIT: Are you using UFO? There is talk in that mod's description about a new release on Sunday because it was breaking spouse behavior. I checked the comments thread and the specific behavior it broke was... <drum roll>
Spouses don't stay where you tell them to live.

Edited by migal130, 09 April 2012 - 04:04 PM.

jmeijlaers

jmeijlaers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
@Migal

Lol, stopped playing weeks ago, must be the 700+ hours on the counter that did it. Still keep strolling over here to see how your mod is moving along.

Keep the pool warm and the drinks cold ;-)

vraven95

vraven95

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Question on how you get the key for the luxury suite basement?

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@jmeijlaers,
Good to see you. You'll be back. It's like a drug we can only stay away from for so long. :-)

===================================================================

@vraven95,
There are keys in one of the two chests on the Suite's back porch, near the smithing area. There is also a key on the night stand next to the master bed in the Suite. The key is big. You won't miss it.

john8364

john8364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@migal130,
Nope, not using UFO or any other mod for followers, except to change appearance only.

narutocanon

narutocanon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i love beefcake ahahh ,thank you

narutocanon

narutocanon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i love beefcake ahahh ,thank you