6077 replies to this topic

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@ralexpdx,

If you are seeing a trap door and it goes to the exterior of the Suite, that means you have found one of the hidden methods that visiting NPCs use to get to the Suite quickly. However, they were all placed several feet below ground or inside building geometry. That means you have another mod that radically alters where the hidden door's geographic or topographic location is, probably by changing landscape elevation severely. In the case of Whiterun, the hidden door portal is behind Breezehome, but the trap door itself is below Breezehome. For you to be able to see it, and see it way up in the air... What in the heck has been done to your Whiterun? Because it ain't the same Whiterun I have.

Are you using a major Whiterun mod? Open Cities or something like that? Maybe some kind of Whiterun "beautification" mod? Perhaps a Breezehome building replacer? Which version of Skyrim are you using?

Edited by migal130, 09 May 2012 - 10:13 AM.

adrianftw

adrianftw

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The building just isnt there :(
I used NMM to install

Mods I have:
Quality world map
SkyUI
Lockpick PRO
Bathing beauties or beefcakes

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@adrianftw,

As far as I know, there is nothing about those mods that would cause the Suite not to be there. Are you certain the Suite's plugins are actually loading? Look at the plugins tab in NMM and check to make sure all the Suite's plugins have a check mark next to them.

You wouldn't happen to be using an old version of Skyrim, would you?

adrianftw

adrianftw

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@adrianftw,

As far as I know, there is nothing about those mods that would cause the Suite not to be there. Are you certain the Suite's plugins are actually loading? Look at the plugins tab in NMM and check to make sure all the Suite's plugins have a check mark next to them.

You wouldn't happen to be using an old version of Skyrim, would you?

Version 1.1.21.0
how do i upgrade?

Edited by adrianftw, 09 May 2012 - 11:33 AM.

klitchov

klitchov

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
@migal130
I need your help please:Am I supposed to download the latest version(3.0),while I am using the french version?And even if I upgrade(the french version is 2.3),will the mod still in french or in english? Thanks.

edmoleman

edmoleman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thanks again for my favorite house! I have invited mjoll the lioness (with her boyfriend in tow) to live at the suite. She has dissappeared. I was just wondering where you think she might have gone and if they will be back. Tis is mostly to satisfy curiosity as I dont like to use the console to manipulate the game unless I have to. All aside this is a brilliante mod.

razorii

razorii

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Just in case you wondered... All that racket you hear is me, beating the stuffing out of a certain deadbeat guard in an effort (probably futile) to get him to quit spending so much time hanging out in the pool when he's supposed to be working.

Is it possible, given the limitations of the CK and the scripting language, to give us the option of firing Mr Pool Boy and hiring one or more guards of our own choosing?

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
@adrianftw,

Wow. I didn't think anybody had a version of Skyrim that old. Isn't that the original version from last year?

You upgrade by purchasing Skyrim and letting Steam upgrade it for you, automatically. If you already purchased it and Steam isn't upgrading it automatically, you need to right-click on the game in your Steam Library and change its settings so it does upgrade automatically.

==================================================================

@klitchov,

There is no French version of 3.0. I'm not the one who did the conversion, so I can't convert 3.0. Sorry. If you want 3.0, you'll have to:

- download the English 3.0
- uninstall the French 2.3
- install the English 3.0 you just downloaded
- download and install the Apachii add-on in the optional files section.

=========================================================

@edmoleman,

She should disappear on her way to the Suite and instantly show up outside the Suite, after you ask her to move in. If you're saying she moved in and then disappeared, then I don't know what happened. Unless there is a quest of some kind that relates specifically to her and would require her to be somewhere else. In that case, she should come back after the quest is done.

===============================================================

@razorii,

The guard bathes once per day, between 9AM and 10AM. If that is the "so much time" you mean, then he is not broken. If he is spending more time around the pool than that, then he is broken and I'd like to know about it. Aside from the 9AM to 10AM pool slot, he only comes in to eat (not by the pool) or to go to and from his bed downstairs.

If you don't like the guard, just open the console, click him and type:

disable

PS: One of the easter eggs involves that guard and a certain peasant female NPC from across the road.

edmoleman

edmoleman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
oh no mjoll was in the suite then she dissappeared. elise did this for a while and it freaked me out for i usually sold my loot to her. just wondering if you find that npcs wander out or get stuck somewhere, I know you said that the basement hatch locks or is it possable that npcs wander into different towns.

migal130

migal130

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Elise should never disappear, although it's theoretically possible another mod could make it happen, especially a mod that affects followers. It might be possible for Mjoll to disappear based on some quest that affects her, but I've never messed around with Mjoll, so I don't know much about her.

I've found that in each case of someone saying an NPC disappeared, they eventually came back, unless the NPC had been told to wait using some follower mod that can make an NPC wait somewhere or sandbox somewhere eternally.

Heck, my wife lost Farquar and he showed up at the Suite like two weeks later. We never knew what happened to him, although the particular issue with him disappearing should be greatly reduced in 3.0. Before I put the hatch on the back porch, Farquar used to try to get to the basement by going all the way to Whiterun and going through that hatch. Things could happen along the way that might cause distractions in his AI.

That sort of time frame for a lost NPC should be impossible in version 3.0, unless they have been told to wait someplace, because in 3.0, there are invisible doors that only NPCs can use all over Skyrim. These doors intersect outside the Suite. It is how NPC customers reach the Suite so fast. There is a secret door in most major cities (sometimes more than one door) and also in most minor towns and villiages. If I didn't do that, it would take something like four or five days for Jarl Elisif to reach the Suite and take a bath. That would put her outside the Blue Palace during the day, when she is supposed to be inside for quests. I had to develop a system of automatic fast travel for NPCs in 3.0, otherwise, the Suite was only going to be able to have customers from across the road at Battleborn farm. The side effect is that NPCs can use that system of fast travel any time they want. If an NPC is in Riften and wants to get to the Suite, they are likely to get there in minutes, not days.

Edited by migal130, 09 May 2012 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.944 seconds