17 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 920,478 posts
Change Skyrim Time Scale

Change the duration of a day in Skyrim. Various settings. Works with all languages!

aoilover

aoilover

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
There's no file.

crazyjackal

crazyjackal

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
To be honest, you don't even need a file. You can just open the console with TILDE ~ and type
set timescale to x

Where x is the ratio of 1 real-time minute to in-game time.
By default, the value is 20 where 1 real-time minute is equivalent to 20 in-game minutes.

You only need to enter this once and save and the setting is stored for that particular save profile onwards.

However, unless this mod has a way around it setting this value to real-time (i.e. 1) and similar low values (i.e. under 5) will result in script problems within the game.

Freakybranstyle

Freakybranstyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
NO FILE!?

slbrgt

slbrgt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Is it not just as easy to type "set timescale to <nbr>" in the console?
Or is there something more to this mod?

saxster

saxster

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
If this file actually works (there's an older timescale mod that no longer does), I will be grateful. Yes, you can do this via console and then saving game, but if you're like me and run several different toons and create others often, this makes life a little easier since I won't so easily forget to make this change if the .esp is in my list and does it for me.

IVIason

IVIason

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Be aware that timescale changes often break quests, spawns, safes and other stuff.

WHITELION1284

WHITELION1284

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
@IVIason, Yeah. It kind of sucks, too because the time moves way too fast in the game. I always wanted to slow it down. The first time I did, though, I noticed that the 'quick reflexes' perk turned me into the Flash. I was outrunning arrows, killing everyone in the room before the first person hit the ground. Etc. Might have been cool except you can also get stuck that way.

Anyway, just FYI.

saxster

saxster

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
Mod not working for me. :/ You can check your current timescale: 'help timescale 0'

Console command works fine as usual. 'Set Timescale to 5'

neoenigma

neoenigma

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
It's so much easier to just use the console for this. default time scale is 16...

"set timescale to 32" will double the default time scale... 48 will triple it... etc etc

Would like a mod that allows me to increase or decrease it with a single keypress... but for now, the console is easy enough. Silly to go through the trouble of using a mod just to set it to something else.

Edited by neoenigma, 27 February 2012 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.893 seconds