Mass Effect Asari Character Mod

Thalmorax

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a mod like this in Oblivion, I think someone could make one in Skyrim. It would be really awesome to have mods that add biotic abilities (warp, throw, pull, singularity, reave, shockwave, slam, barrier, charge, stasis, and dominate, although pretty sure there are spells that have the same effect as dominate)

I think everyone in Mass Effect uses "she/her" etc. when referring to asari so I doubt that would really be a problem, and I think the argonian (and maybe khajiit) models for most helmets have an open back for the argonian spikes which could accommodate an asari head-fringe.

Just tell everyone not to use the male version, or make it look exactly like the female version with a female mesh or something. It's really not a big deal to make a single gender race. They clearly all appear to be female from the game, and their leaders are referred to as matriarchs.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite mod on the...

...oh whatever. You know the rest.

It's definitely moddable and implementable. The models that you can acquire in this game are far more superior than that of Oblivion (even though it came out in '06). There is a real possibility that Asari can exist in this game. I for one am only a coder, and plan on keeping it that way. I could help with the CK in terms of Biotic's. But that's about it... I would literally pay to see a HD Asari character in this game.

I actually planned on creating a mod like this before the creation kit came out. Although, like you, I'm more of a coder, I have been able to get some things to work in game. Using Gildor's UE Viewer I was able to extract the Asari head model and the appropriate textures out of the Mass Effect game files. After messing around in 3ds Max and Nifskope I got the model into the game. First problem I ran into: things like facial animations don't work (has to do with Facegen) and I have no idea how to make them work. To my knowledge this has all to do with the .tri files that a lot of these face models have. Looking at several threads, there is no way to create the .tri files for custom head models. To me, customization of the face is a pretty big deal, so I started working around the problem. The pieces of skin that go from the top of the head to the back of neck can easily be turned into a 'hair' headpart. (seeing as Asari don't have any hair, it seemed like the easiest way to go) This is the result so far:

Screen 1

Screen 2

In these screens I just duplicated the Nord race in the creation kit, and added the model as a headpart. The problems you can see in those screens are pretty obvious: the human ears of the base head model are sticking out, and the model doesn't line out properly.(yet) Not sure if I can cover up the ears at this point. In addition the textures need some work as the body/head models only have the default skin textures applied and the hair part appears shiny as hell when any light falls on it. I've only concerned myself about cosmetics so far, although I have been thinking about the perks/abilities Asari would get as a race. I'm also really curious to see if it's possible to restrict gender selection based on race through Papyrus programming or using other tools. I have only worked on the model and textures so far, so I don't know what's possible with Papyrus.

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see this alien race in the game. I was not aware that there was a similar mod for Oblivion and will consider checking that out too. If you have any input or feedback on what I have so far, feel free to reply in this thread or contact me directly.

I actually planned on creating a mod like this before the creation kit came out. Although, like you, I'm more of a coder, I have been able to get some things to work in game. Using Gildor's UE Viewer I was able to extract the Asari head model and the appropriate textures out of the Mass Effect game files. After messing around in 3ds Max and Nifskope I got the model into the game. First problem I ran into: things like facial animations don't work (has to do with Facegen) and I have no idea how to make them work. To my knowledge this has all to do with the .tri files that a lot of these face models have. Looking at several threads, there is no way to create the .tri files for custom head models. To me, customization of the face is a pretty big deal, so I started working around the problem. The pieces of skin that go from the top of the head to the back of neck can easily be turned into a 'hair' headpart. (seeing as Asari don't have any hair, it seemed like the easiest way to go) This is the result so far:

Screen 1

Screen 2

In these screens I just duplicated the Nord race in the creation kit, and added the model as a headpart. The problems you can see in those screens are pretty obvious: the human ears of the base head model are sticking out, and the model doesn't line out properly.(yet) Not sure if I can cover up the ears at this point. In addition the textures need some work as the body/head models only have the default skin textures applied and the hair part appears shiny as hell when any light falls on it. I've only concerned myself about cosmetics so far, although I have been thinking about the perks/abilities Asari would get as a race. I'm also really curious to see if it's possible to restrict gender selection based on race through Papyrus programming or using other tools. I have only worked on the model and textures so far, so I don't know what's possible with Papyrus.

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see this alien race in the game. I was not aware that there was a similar mod for Oblivion and will consider checking that out too. If you have any input or feedback on what I have so far, feel free to reply in this thread or contact me directly.

Great beginning work. I'd like to encourage you in this. As far as head/body fit, a different race is probably needed as the Nord body proportions are wrong for that head...you might also have better luck fitting things together.

i think that besides asari, there should be playable Drell who basically have the same shape as a human except the head, plus turians and salarians with custom meshes. they all have some form of face paint, and the hair options for them should be like the argonians and khajiit . the salarian race could have great thief character bonuses and come with custom starting spells that resemble omni tools powers like overload and incinerate to reflect on their tech skills. the turians should have bonuses towards a light armored archer to reflect on their role as police officers and marksman along with the racial power to rally. asari should have starting spells that resemble biotic powers and comes with fortified magicka and spell absorbtion and mage skill bonuses. drell should have assassin character bonuses and increased unarmed damage and if possible: a higher possibility to perform finishing moves to reflect on their nature or more specifically Thane, who is the best assassin in the mass effect universe

BTW it would be awesome to possibly add krogan but they are huge and need work and im not even sure about salarians and turians at all because their bodies are completely different from the vanilla races. also it would probably have to be found on a seperate site or something because nexus doesnt allow "copying" or "importing" from other games

Edited by qualadutyblackops