Mass Effect Asari Character Mod

Thalmorax

I've been a little distracted by Mass Effect 3 coming out, but here's a small update: Progress, more progress.

Great beginning work. I'd like to encourage you in this. As far as head/body fit, a different race is probably needed as the Nord body proportions are wrong for that head...you might also have better luck fitting things together.

Thank you. I'll try some other body types to see if it makes a difference.

BTW it would be awesome to possibly add krogan but they are huge and need work and im not even sure about salarians and turians at all because their bodies are completely different from the vanilla races.

I'd very much like to see the other races ported over as well, but I wouldn't possibly know how. As I mentioned before, I have very little experience with 3ds Max. I'm already running into trouble copying the Asari over, and that's probably the easiest of all the races to do. I can of course extract the other races from the Mass Effect game files, but to match up all the bones, work out the animations and everything is just too much for me.

also it would probably have to be found on a seperate site or something because nexus doesnt allow "copying" or "importing" from other games

That shouldn't be a problem as I have my own webspace and there are plenty of other ways to distribute this mod when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to work on this in the last few weeks. If you guys want me to post what I have now, I'll release them as Alphas and push updates every time I make progress.

Edit:

I put up a page with an alpha version. I'll try to make some actual progress on the actual model next week. I'll post here and update the page as well. If you have any feedback, you are most welcome to post here.

Edited by Ganonmaster

Wow I'm really looking forward to this, Mass Effect being one of my favourite games and Liara being one of my favourite squadmates(next to Tali of course :P) I think this is going to turn out great, hopefully when its done it gets to the front page!

Yay, I just was hoping for an update now and then, really excited for this mod. Also, since you said you were more of a coder, do you think it would be possible to give them biotic abilities (throw, pull, warp, ect.)?

do you think it would be possible to give them biotic abilities (throw, pull, warp, ect.)?

I think most abilities can be recreated in Skyrim. Taking a look at the spells already in the game and those added by the Midas Magic mod, you might find that some spells can be added without the need for scripting. Midas Magic already contains a "Force pull" spell. (which is 6 lines of code total) The effects probably won't be exactly the same as they are in Mass Effect, but they'll probably do fine. I'm thinking about including some Biotic abilities, together with one or two NPC followers. Would make for a more complete mod.