Creation Kit NPC Facial Textures Help

LieutenantHawk

I'm working on some follower MODs for Skyrim but I've hit a bit of a speed bump. The characters I make have the right tones on their body, but no facial coloring appears in-game. From the neck up, the color is completely different from the rest of the body, and no detail tints or paint appears. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Also, I can't find an option for adding scars in the CK.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Hawk

Edited by LieutenantHawk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the problem is two-fold (AFAIK).

1) You need FaceGenData (in Data/Textures/Actors/Character/FaceGenData/FaceTint/<esm name>/<id>.dds

2) You need an ESM (to go with the data).

So, first you have to ESM-ify your plugin, then load it into the CK. That done, you need to select your NPCs and press Ctrl-F4 (and confirm).

And there you go. I think that's all you need to do. :tongue:

Okay, the problem is two-fold (AFAIK).

1) You need FaceGenData (in Data/Textures/Actors/Character/FaceGenData/FaceTint/<esm name>/<id>.dds

2) You need an ESM (to go with the data).

So, first you have to ESM-ify your plugin, then load it into the CK. That done, you need to select your NPCs and press Ctrl-F4 (and confirm).

And there you go. I think that's all you need to do. :tongue:

How exactly does one "esm-ify" an esp file? And I'm not sure what do do with the FaceGenData.

That's a good question. I think there's something like tesvsnip could do that.

You'll also need to add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 in [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini in your folder that has CreationKit.exe in it.

EDIT: Okay, I just tried following my own advice, and it seems to work fine (at least for me).

Edited by gsmanners

You'll also need to add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 in [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini in your folder that has CreationKit.exe in it.

EDIT: Okay, I just tried following my own advice, and it seems to work fine (at least for me).

I have the same problem too :/

I did everything according to your descriptions but still nothing. Only thing I got was the \Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Follower.esm\code.dds, still the game doesn't seems to read it >_<

Any other suggestions? :s

Thanks.

Edited by sanwyrth

I did everything according to your descriptions but still nothing. Only thing I got was the \Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Follower.esm\code.dds, still the game doesn't seems to read it >_<

Thanks.

Are you sure you've made your .esp into an .esm? Loading an .esm in the CK and highlighting an actor (or several at the same time), pressing ctrl + F4 should also exports the face mesh to meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom. If you use an .esp, you only export the texture, which isn't enough for custom actors.

Edited by No_Aardvarks_Allowed

Thanks.

Are you sure you've made your .esp into an .esm? Loading an .esm in the CK and highlighting an actor (or several at the same time), pressing ctrl + F4 should also exports the face mesh to meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom. If you use an .esp, you only export the texture, which isn't enough for custom actors.

1) I converted the Follower.esp to Follower.esm with TESVnip (i just saved it as esm, nothing else modified)

2) I opened CK loaded up the Follower.esm. Took the actor i have setted as follower and pressed CTRL+F4, confirmed. (at character's sheet i've also checked the "Is CharGen face preset" but anyway tested with both checked and unchecked)

3) Deactivated the Follower.esp and Activated the Follower.esm at Launcher>Datafiles for not getting double NPC's

Still textures hadn't changed :(

I also checked the datafiles just to be sure and seemed pretty fine to me:

Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Follower.esm\code.dds, for the textures and

Data\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Follower.esm\ a CK file with a code, for meshes

Any suggestions?

Edited by sanwyrth

If the follower already is in your save game, it may be s/he is made from the old .esp and not the new .esm and therefore still has the old face. Try disabling and then spawn a new version of the follower, using its .esm base id (which of course is different, since the .esm is loaded earlier). If that doesn't work, I don't get it, since you obviously have the facegen data exported to the right places.

If the follower already is in your save game, it may be s/he is made from the old .esp and not the new .esm and therefore still has the old face. Try disabling and then spawn a new version of the follower, using its .esm base id (which of course is different, since the .esm is loaded earlier). If that doesn't work, I don't get it, since you obviously have the facegen data exported to the right places.

Yes he was saved .. I guess thats the only thing I have left to try.

I'll be getting to it in a couple of hours and let you know if it worked, thanks for all the help so far tho :)

I remade him and it worked :).

Thanks!

Edited by sanwyrth