Creation Kit NPC Facial Textures Help

LieutenantHawk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Character>Headpart>Male/Female>Extra Part/Head Part, find the scar you want and drag it to the Additional Head Parts field of the Character Gen Parts tab in the Actor window. You may have to delete the NoScar entry that's already there if the actor has no scars (I can't remember if it's required). Note that the scar will only be visible in the CK if you use the Full body view; it doesn't show up in the Head view.

No luck here. Made it into .esm with TesvSnip (open esp, save right away as esm) but pressing CTRL+F4 doesn't do anything, not even pop up some kind of menu or whatsoever. No idea how you all got a menu to come up with CTRL+F4. :( No new FaceGen folders either. Will try in any folder where I find the NPC until something happens in the meanwhile. Edited by Saratje

I tried Ctrl+F4 without "esm-ifying" it first, and it worked. Sent the mod to my friend and he said it was fine, facial textures and all.

No luck here. Made it into .esm with TesvSnip (open esp, save right away as esm) but pressing CTRL+F4 doesn't do anything, not even pop up some kind of menu or whatsoever. No idea how you all got a menu to come up with CTRL+F4. :( No new FaceGen folders either. Will try in any folder where I find the NPC until something happens in the meanwhile.

When you have your .esm loaded in the CK, click the entry line of the actor you want to fix. Make sure the line turns blue (grey won't do it), but also that the entire line is blue, and not just the editor ID part. Then press ctrl + F4. That's how it should work. If it doesn't, something is wrong with your CK since it isn't responding to commands properly.

I tried Ctrl+F4 without "esm-ifying" it first, and it worked. Sent the mod to my friend and he said it was fine, facial textures and all.

For NPCs already in the Vanilla game, that's how it works. For custom NPCs, though, that doesn't work for most people. Are you using the updated 1.4.27 version of the game? Maybe something changed with it, but I haven't updated yet since I'm always a bit wary of Beth's "fixes".

The ctrl+f4 isn't working for me either if the file isn't esm (for newly created npc's)

anyway, is there any way to make our created npc use different body texture from the rest of npc's (& player)?

Edited by sanwyrth

I did the same thing and it works just fine for my mannequins.

Did you create new NPCs are just modify old ones? It's giving you textures and meshes for Skyrim.esm if you selected old NPCs.

I did the same thing and it works just fine for my mannequins.

Did you create new NPCs are just modify old ones? It's giving you textures and meshes for Skyrim.esm if you selected old NPCs.

Probly he means the old one's, newly npc's must be esm'ed for the extraction to work properly

Edited by sanwyrth