Remove Body/face shadows only?

LancerChronics

How do I remove shadows cast onto the body by the head, etc, but keep tree shadows and the like?

I have an issue where shadows cast on the character, by the character (in sunlight) are very choppy and ugly. Also, during a Sunny Day at noon, all NPCs appear really dark. only really showing the sun's lightsource, and the rest is dark. So while the ground glows from the sunlight, their look almost black against it from most angles, cause the game doesn't account for reflected light off surfaces...so i'd like to get rid of their shadows as well.

"Colorful Lights" mod fixed most of my issues indoors. But outside....

I think if you set your fShadowBiasScale near one or greater than one you could possibly remove shadows from characters. It could be buggy though.

I only know this because I accidentally set mine at 1.5 once and I don't think there were any shadows on my character until I got it sorted out. You'd want to try a lower value though, because 1.5 cut my shadow off at the knees as well. Maybe 1.1 or 1.2? You could try experimenting, but it would probably be too buggy (with shadows moving around as you turn, for example) to be practical.

Edited by Rennn

I think if you set your fShadowBiasScale near one or greater than one you could possibly remove shadows from characters. It could be buggy though.

I only know this because I accidentally set mine at 1.5 once and I don't think there were any shadows on my character until I got it sorted out. You'd want to try a lower value though, because 1.5 cut my shadow off at the knees as well. Maybe 1.1 or 1.2? You could try experimenting, but it would probably be too buggy (with shadows moving around as you turn, for example) to be practical.

Ahah! Not too shabby! It's actually the other direction I had to adjust... Mine was set at 0.25....I changed it to 2. There is a slight disassociation between my character and ground shadow, but it's only a few inches...and at the right angle, my heads shadow appears on my butt cheeks, but i can work with this. If only a temporary solution.

Best news is trees/rocks all seem to be okay, and their shadows apply to the character normally as well.... Also all NPCs look 100x better!. Gonna try bumping it to 3 and walk into White Run with trees everywhere, see the results.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

fShadowBiasScale works like a charm

Thanks for posting this fix to remove shadows from player character in Skyrim.

I set mine to 1.5 and works brilliantly, 2.0 made my own shadow disappear, so everyone fiddle around with this way to stop shadows on body in Skyrim.

Thanks for posting.

My weird phrasing hopefully so more google hits catch this :P