Battle for Solitude bug

JD1

Hey!

During The Battle For Fort Hraggstad everything's well, when I complete this quest it says quest completed then I have to go back to the camp and talk with Galmar which I do but when he assigns me to the Battle for Solitude the quest's arrow stays on the camp and there's a new one near Solitude where I have to go and meet with Ulfric, but both are still on the map, is it a glitch or not?

Now with the major bug... after I cleared the city of Solitude with Ulfric, Galmar and some men, I go in the Castle Dour after taking out a few barricades and walk down with them both in the basement and then they talk with her, everything seems fine until the conversation ends, she and the general Tullius attack ONLY me like Ulfric and Galmar don't exist anymore and these two don't do anything to help me out and if I talk to them it's just their usual speeches, then I cannot kill her nor kill the general, like they were essentials, therefore I cannot complete the quest. :down:

Anyone had this game breaking bug? and are there fixes and solutions? I tried a lot of things but nothing worked. :confused:

I have the same problem. As soon as the dialogue between Ulfric, Galmar, and Rikke ends, Rikke and Tullius attack me, while Ulfric and Galmar stand there as if nothing is happening. When I speak to Ulfric or Galmar, their scripts seem as though they're back in Windhelm, pre-attack. If I kill Rikke or Tullius, they do not die, but regenerate their health and leave combat; if I speak to them at that point, they, too, seem to have reverted to pre-attack scripts. I'm unable to progress the quest by killing Rikke or Tullius, and I'm unable to leave Castle Dour as all of the doors are locked.

The earliest save I have at this point is right at the start of the attack on Fort Hraggstad. I've reloaded and retried that quest as well as Battle for Solitude, but I always meet the same glitch in Castle Dour. I'm playing on XBOX so console commands unfortunately are not an option for me. (I don't know if this is a PC-only forum or not; I found this thread on Google when looking for information on this bug.)

Even with the console command it doesn't work, I tried to finish the quests with setstage command and all it does is ending the quest even though the quest is still on, and finishing a quest with a script is not advised at all, might have more problems later.

Basically your last save game is just like mine, I have one even older but it's like 6 hours I would have to redo again, and I wouldn't even know it would work this time, so we're pretty much f"ed if you ask me, Bethesda didn't even release a fix and it's all over the internet people having bugs over the quest Battle for Solitude, pretty lame.

• 1 month later...
I am having the same problem except I get stuck in place as soon as I walk through the door. I can spin around and look wherever I want. It is as if I have entered a cutscene. I have tried all sorts of commands, but nothing is doing the trick. I don't know what to to. At this point I am stuck.

• 2 years later...