Seperate but Equal: MW and OB segregation on nexus?

ReverendKnots

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Morrowind and Oblivion should be given their own nexus subdomains?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every game that the nexus supports should be given its own subdomain. For example, clumping together the sites for the Witcher and the Witcher 2, Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2, etc, is a good decision. The Witcher and Dragon Age series have comparatively smaller mod scenes. Their mod scenes (especially the Witcher's) benefit from there being no separate subdomain. The number of mods in some categories can be counted on one hand.

That being said, Morrowind certainly deserves its own subdomain. The viewability for Morrowind mods is quite terrible, and I really believe that a seperate subdomain for morrowind and oblivion (morrowindnexus, oblivionnexus) would benefit the site immensely.

I also think that there should be a site for mods of the older fallout games, since NMA is the only half decent repo for them right now and it's ridiculous, but that's for another thread.

There are much more important things that need fixing/work than something that has been that way and worked for years now. Dark0ne has a pretty big list of things to do, especially with this new coding I imagine. Let's let him get it done.

Personally I think it would be more beneficial than harmful to split them apart, but only if the act of doing so isn't going to turn into some kind of huge project.

It's not just about searching for mods. In general Oblivion mods get preferential treatment here, and a lot of Morrowind modders get their work confused with Oblivion mods.

Indeed. The site has quite an "Oblivion mods preferred" feel to it which may be off-putting to morrowind modders.