Mount & Blade Nexus Launched

Dark0ne

It is with great pleasure that I announce that we are now supporting the Mount & Blade series of games at Mount & Blade Nexus.

The Mount & Blade series of games are unlike any game you'll have played and I'm a huge fan, in spite of the fact I've never quite been able to finish a campaign of either of the three games; Mount & Blade, Warband and With Fire & Sword despite pumping in over 50 hours of play time to each. If you've never heard of the Mount & Blade series, picture Civilization or Total War style castle building and world-map domination mixed with a first/third-person combat system that is second-to-none, with the real kicker being huge battles and excellent mounted horse combat.

You travel the world map in the name of your king (or in your own name if you wish in Warband), defeating rival faction warlords or sieging forts and castles until you are the last faction standing. The graphics aren't amazing compared to some recent releases (the Mount & Blade series is by no means old and dated, mind) but what it lacks in crazy video card killing graphics it more than makes up for in huge battles, gameplay and scope. So while in Skyrim your PC will start to die horribly with more than a few fighting NPCs on the screen at any one time, Mount & Blade will throw 200 horse-riding bandits at you without breaking a sweat. Trust me, after the first 30 minutes you won't care at all about the looks!

The Mount & Blade complete pack can be purchased from Steam (and other places) for £34.99, which I assume will be $49.99 for our friends across the pond. Alternatively and controversially, if you're a bit stumped for cash right now then Mount & Blade: Warband is £19.99 on Steam. I think you'll find most in the M&B community would recommend you play Warband first, and move on to With Fire and Sword if you're looking for something a bit new (which you won't want to do any time soon!). Warband is everything the original Mount & Blade was, but better, and with multiplayer if you wish!

The Mount & Blade series has a dedicated modding scene with over 2,500 modifications to boot. I have merged the prominent community modding site, MBRepository, in to the Mount & Blade Nexus database so that all files available on the Repository are available here on the Nexus too. This was, of course, done with the blessing of the owner of MBRepository, Janus.

If you're starting to tire of Skyrim, or if you're looking for something new in your gaming life then I recommend you get your teeth in to Mount & Blade, there's literally hundreds of hours of fun to be had in the vanilla games, and then hundreds more to be had within the already mature modding community. And all the mods will be here, at Mount & Blade Nexus.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I bought Mount and Blade and Warband when they were on sale for $5.00 a piece. It is an experience that is definitely worth the money.

This is great news. I'm looking forward to some great new campaigns being put up here.

That's great! M&B is such a great game series.

Also, some alpha footage of M&B 2

Never heard of this game, is it like Skyrim where you can run around and do whatever you want?

You can run around on a world map that has towns and villages on it, but when you enter a town or engage in a battle on open terrain, your character will be teleported onto a smaller map or zone.

So you can't freeroam beyond the smaller maps/zones borders in 3rd or 1st person mode.

Edited by Clipeus

A very nice add to this site indeed, as a longtime M&B fan i look forward to see the mods uploaded here. Nexus is alot more comprehensible than the other modsites for M&B i've visited, so this is really good news!

For those who have not tried it, well you should, be it you don't like it or love it after a few hours of testing it will still be worth the attention, this game got alot of rpg elements mixed with a good bunch of war-action like castlesieges, defence or just plain ride around the map and doing quests.

For me this game is on the top best of indie-games list.

I love you Dark0ne although i dont like the strict ethos of your Skyrim Nexus .

Mount and Blade finally gets a real good modding site , i hope now good modders can create good and almost bug free total conversions , im tired of the crappy total conversion full of bugs and missing text , like 1257 A.D.