Mount & Blade Nexus Launched

Dark0ne

Never played it, or even heard of it. Gamespot gave it a 6.0, so I dont know about trying it. Although, out of 2879 User reviews, it has an 8.7 score. Naturally I should side with the people, and not the company thats out to put the small games down, and the big market games get all the attention, so long as said company receives some benefit$$$$$$. Maybe I'll give it a go. It looks both terrible and awesome at the same time, if that makes any sense. lol

If anyone cares to drop me a message explaining whats cool about the game (or not cool), feel free. Maybe you guys can help me with the decision to buy or not!

Edited by boogs39

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamespot reviews are unreliable at best. Graphically it is sadly lacklustre, but there is few things more enjoyable than being being a part of a cavalry charge or part of the infantry defending against it.

Add to that the modding community that makes mods like prophecy of pendor, damocles, wheel of time, etc. Well, i gotta love it. The original and warband are the most supported by the modding community with large mods and TC's, while F&S only has tweaks or compilations so far.

Give the games a chance, don't be a graphics w**** and judge it via screenshots.

Never played it, or even heard of it. Gamespot gave it a 6.0, so I dont know about trying it. Although, out of 2879 User reviews, it has an 8.7 score. Naturally I should side with the people, and not the company thats out to put the small games down, and the big market games get all the attention, so long as said company receives some benefit$. Maybe I'll give it a go. It looks both terrible and awesome at the same time, if that makes any sense. lol

If anyone cares to drop me a message explaining whats cool about the game (or not cool), feel free. Maybe you guys can help me with the decision to buy or not!

It really is a good game. Its one of those games that you can play over and over again and not get bored of. In my personal opinion, Warband was the best. Fire and Steel was okay...it could have been developed more, but it was still a pretty fun game.

The best part of the game for me was the castle/town sieges. They can be a lot of fun if you battle them out right. There is nothing better than having a small 200 town army defeat an opposing 600 army faction simply by employing the clever use of archers.

Also, another great part about Warband is the diversity of weapons that are available to use (something that Skyrim lacked). You can use spears, crossbows, bows , maces, swords, lances and more.

And as Dark0ne said, the textures are not the greatest, although there are some great mods that replace the textures with better ones.

Overall, you should definetely get the game. If you can't afford the complete pack, I suggest you get Warband.

Edited by alonsomartinez

Dear Dark0ne, ty soo much for the Mount and blade nexus, but please Reconsider making a Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Nexus!!!!!!!! I've so far seen a few mods out for it and its AWSOME!!! :D