Mount & Blade Nexus Launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a huge fan of M&B this announcement took me by surprise.

Kudos to you! For spreading the word about this Indie-Gem.

Wow, totally unexpected!

Cheeers!

Very nice. These have been on my 'to-play' list for a while. Keep getting interrupted by new games lol.

It's good to know I'll have good ole nexus to grab mods for it when I get around to playing the games hehe.

@KawaiiOtaku Tottally agree with that. While I hate invisible barriers and "funneling", it's a good game with a large world and areas so that you don't notice it all the time. A great game as it is, but it could certainly do with some mods.

Edited by WildDragonfly

Thanks for recommending Mount & Blade! Played the demo several times since reading the post; got tired of the level 8 limit, so I bought the complete pack! A break from Skyrim was much needed. :)

This is becoming THE site for the greatest games.

Anyone with uncertainty over Mount and Blade (at least Warband, the game which I'm most familiar with in this series) really needs to give it a shot. Yes, the graphics are a bit clunky, but the gameplay is INCREDIBLY addicting, and just keeps getting deeper and deeper as long as you want to keep going.

Think of Sid Meier's Pirates, but rather than a sea-faring swashbuckling simulator, you have a warring medieval kingdom simulator. You've got your overhead map which serves as your hub, free to travel at your discretion. You'll run across bands of armies and bandits and caravans as they go about their business, hustling to and fro the various towns and castles across the land. You're free to do as you choose. Do you head to the taverns to hire local warriors to make up your army? Do you do some favors for a king and ask to join his army? Do you work your way up the ranks and become a trusted general, counted on to sack a castle and receive parcels of land? Do you work long and hard to form a ragtag gang of barbarians and try to siege a castle and found your own kingdom? Or do you just freelance and kill the armies of whoever offers you the coin? What about your own army? Are you looking for barbarians? Spearmen? Archers? Cavalry? How about a mix? Do you want to rampage and cut your enemies down, or stand back and issue real-time formation and movement commands? And don't forget the path of a merchant or property investor, or the glorious life of a tournament champion.

No dragons, no fantasy, no magic- this is a straight up and incredibly realistic title that's all about achieving success in the age of kings, however you define success and whatever steps you want to take to get there.

The game gives you SO much to do, and the best part is that when you're not embroiled in the political battlefield (which you can avoid altogether if you like), you're engaged in the military battlefield- and the combat is addicting, robust, and completely satisfying.

There's way too much game to summarize in just a couple of paragraphs. It may not be everyone's cup of tea and not at all the same type of game as an Elder Scrolls title- but my god, does it suck the hours away just as quickly. Highly impressive for a game created by a skeleton crew, and easily among the best games I've ever played.

Edited by miketheratguy