Skyrim Castle MOD WIP

kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

Story:

Long ago, during the Late middle Merethic Era, there sat a mighty Dwemer Fortress that overlooked the Ghost Sea and all of Skyrim. Inside this fortress was the Adkara, a relic of immense power beyond any mortal comprehension. The Dwemer protected this secret for many generations and even beyond their own existence.

Before the First Dragon War, there used to be 8 Dragon Priests that oversaw humanity and were a direct link to the dragons they deemed as “gods”. They kept peace between man and Dragon, and in return received great powers from the Dragons. These Dragon Priests were led by a ninth Dragon Priest, The Warlord or "Konahrik". The Warlord was a title given to the Dragon Priest who led the eight and was given more privileges and powers by the dragons.

Towards the end of the 2nd Era and after the Dwemer mysteriously disappeared, a band of Nords who were in support of the growing empire, ventured into this fortress upon hearing of its possible secrets. They heard rumors that there lay a relic within that would help the empire during their time of conquest. Whoever wielded this relic, controlled the world. Led by Dunas, they fought and cleared several Dwemer sentinels that guarded the halls, at the price of losing most of his men on the expedition. They cleared the fortress and attempted to establish a foothold within the castle walls once they claimed Adkara. They however, did not realize what would happen after they acquired and wielded this mysterious relic… They eventually went to explore more of the Fortress and see what other mysteries it held. Dunas had contacted General Talos and informed him of his success.

Over the next couple of days, Dunas noticed something rather disturbing going on with his troops. They became more agitated and aggressive towards each other, and fought over petty items and issues. Dunas himself was feeling a bit aggravated and wondered if the essence of this ancient fortress was corrupting the minds of his soldiers and himself, or if being away from home was agitating his troops.

The Fortress boasted an extensive library, but after the Dwemer disappeared it fell into ruins. There however was a single book that was in mint condition. It seemed as if the book was being maintained by an unknown source… Dunas gazed upon this book and learned that the Adkara had a price: whoever wielded it would eventually become corrupted along with those under his command. The Adkara would eventually consume the bearer, turn him or her and their followers into an evil the world has never seen bent on destruction and chaos. Before he could continue on reading this book, he was attacked by one of his men. Dunas knew what had happened to this soldier and was forced to slay him.

Dunas then gathered his most trusted and still sane men and took the object back into the depths of the Fortress, being forced to battle and slay his own men that had crossed over. They dug and built a massive catacomb and hid the Adkara within. Traps were set to ensure that no one would ever dare venture into the Castle Catacombs. Dunas, with the help of Talos, sealed the relic deep inside the Fortress.

Several years had passed as the Empire’s Conquest had subsided. Talos, Now Tiber Septim became Emperor and most Dragons were either slaughtered or disappeared. They still had their followers and loyal subjects but even those were dwindling down over time with the disappearance of Dragons. The Dragon Cult was all but exterminated aside from a few active loyalists that went into hiding. They hid, buried the dead dragons in the dragon mounds and thought that when the dragons would come back, they would reward the loyal. After the war, the last existing Dragon Priest, Rahgot, was hunted down and killed along with his followers. It was thought that they were the last of the Dragon Cultists... but a lonely band managed to survive and pass on its traditions. they were called the Aulnati. Dragon Priests held Immense power that was given to them by the Dragons. They believed that resurrecting a dead Dragon Priest would bring the coming age of Dragons again and appease the ones they swore worship to. They planned on resurrecting Rash Aul Ghuul, a powerful dragon priest and considered to be the most revered amongst them. The cult believed, that when they resurrected Rash Aul Ghuul, he would bring forth another Dragon war by summoning and bringing back the dragons.

Rash Aul Ghuul was the Warlord during the time before the First Dragon War. He led the forces against the rebellion, acting as the dragon’s general of the faithful. The rebellions success was becoming clearer after Alduin’s banishment and the forces of faithful dwindling. Some of Rash Aul Ghuul’s own were defecting with the realization that Dragons, after being shouted, were not as godly as they were made out to be. Rash Aul Ghuul was faithful to his gods and persisted with the war even after thousands of dragons were killed. In the end, his own persistence killed him as he was assassinated by his own, being the first Dragon priest to be killed. Before he died however, he consumed the souls of countless dragons that were willing to give up their souls before they died. Consuming these souls made him powerful, but not immortal. Eventually over time, the eight Dragon Priests were hunted down one by one along with their followers until the thought of them was extinct. The masks that the Dragon Priests wore were considered to hold tremendous power and that power was bestowed upon them from the dragons they swore their faith to. These masks were collected as the Dragon Priests were exterminated and collected in a centrally guarded location.

The Aulnati were able to successfully resurrect Rash Aul Ghuul. Those that summoned him, now became his most faithful and loyal servants. Once Rash Aul Ghuul gained his strength, he ventured off to find his mask, the same mask bestowed upon him by the gods he followed. All the dragon priests were buried with their masks and with each other in a tomb that was only guarded by a few soldiers. His mask was not hard to find because it was also buried in this tomb. Rash Aul Ghuul and his followers made a quick extermination of these soldiers and regained the Warlord’s Mask. Buried in this tomb he also found information about an ancient relic with vast power deep within the depths of an ancient castle, a relic that that was supposed to be kept a secret. This relic was the Adkara. He took his new followers and they entered into the depths of this castle. It was not long until he was able to reach the relic.

He took the Adkara, performing a ritual that allowed him to consume the object just as he did to the dragon several years earlier, adding to his power. He became even more corrupt with this relic that now embodied him. The corruption effected any and all who followed him, turning them into an evil army to do his bidding. With this, Rash Aul Ghuul was not only going to summon Alduin back, but also speed up the process for the coming Apocalypse by killing any and all who opposed him.

Tiber Septim quickly reacted when he heard about what was going on in Skyrim. He sent mass legions of Imperial forces to repel this threat. But Rash Aul Ghuul was too powerful. Anyone who got close enough to him was corrupted and turned to his side. Legions of Imperials were now fighting for the cause of Rash Aul Ghuul, a power of corruption that spread like a wildfire. But the Empire was not at a loss, for they had a champion.

Turrelius was an astounding warrior and was well known for leading a band of local Nords who were good at infiltrating high security areas. Tiber Septim, brought Turrelius in for his cause against Rash Aul Ghuul. Since there was no way of getting near Rash Aul Ghuul without becoming corrupt yourself, You would have to fight him indirectly. Tiber Septim gave Turrelius a shield that would protect him from the greatest of evils, called the Unsbecki. It also hid the bearer’s presence from anyone who could sense the presence of others around them.

Turrelius infiltrated the fortress where Rash Aul Ghuul made home, only to find him in the process of summoning Alduin. Turrelius struck Rash Aul Ghuul, but found that his efforts of causing physical harm to this dragon priest were in vein. A fierce battle ensued between the two, until Turrelius learnt that striking the physical form of the Adkara caused the dragon priest great pain, bringing the dragon priest finally to his knees. The Dragon priest then spoke to Turrelius…”Foolish Mortal, you cannot kill me. As long as I possess the power of the Adkara and boast the power of the dragons above me, you will not succeed. This is not the end and I will be back, to bring forth Alduin onto this world and the death and destruction of your kind. And as for you…” The dragon priest lay a curse on Turrelius before he struck the dragon priest one final blow. Rash Aul Ghuul, upon being struck dissipated into thin air along with his followers, returning to the Adkara. The only thing that remained of Rash Aul Ghuul was his mask.

Turrelius was doomed, as the curse laid upon him by the dragon priest was the curse of Impending Death. The curse had already started to take effect on him, slowly shutting down his organs. Before he died however, He took the Adkara, which he could not destroy and sealed it off deep within the catacombs of the fortress. Upon his death he requested that he be buried with the Adkara in order for his spirit to protect the power that was held within.

He was buried here and Tiber Septim had the catacombs sealed off and any remnants of its existence wiped from the history books. After the defeat of Rash Aul Ghuul, Tiber Septim ordered the mask to be stored away once again in a safe location and as well as the dragon priests remains and masks spread across Skyrim in locked tombs. These locations still remain a mystery…

Paarthurnax, who had helped humankind before rid the world of Alduin, warned the mighty Emperor that the fight was not over. In the future humankind will be forced to deal with this situation once over again, not only with Rash Aul Ghuul, but him and Alduin both. “During a time of great bloodshed, a rebellion once more. Only this time it will be amongst the people you call your own. This is a time when Dragons will flourish once again, a hero of Dragonborn will come.” Paarthurnax told the great Emperor. “The Dragonborn will be faced with ridding the world of its own demise and destruction. Rash Aul Ghuul will return.”

The fortress itself was used time and time again over the course of several centuries. Many had called it home and many had expanded onto it. It was later named Castle Dar Khuun. None had stayed long for a dreary sense of corruption had lain upon them when inside this castle… It was abandoned sometime at the beginning of the third era. The power and corruption that lay within its catacombs has seemed to keep the castle looking used. Some say it is haunted and that the inhabitants that died in its halls still roam its hallways.

Several years passed… a rebellion has started amongst the locals in Skyrim, against an Empire sworn to protect them. Dragons are seen across the landscape, fear has stricken the Nords. Alduin has returned to bring destruction on the world. Loyalists, who have old ties to the Aulnati, start springing up. Now there are reports that something evil is going on inside Castle Dar Khuun… Are the warnings of Paarthurnax coming true? Has Rash Aul Ghuul returned?

Here starts the lonely quest of the Dragonborn….

Concept

So I have spent the last couple of months since the creation kit came out building a house mod for me… When I first bought the game I was going around the world of Skyrim thinking “wow that would be awesome idea in my house mod…” now the creation kit is here I am working on it…. Been a work in progress since the release of the Creation Kit.

I sat there thinking to myself… I am the Dragonborn, I speak dragon and jack people up... why the hell am I living in a shack? I should be treated like royalty. That and I just love big massive houses to call my own. :biggrin:

The castle is closer to being done, with most of the interiors completed and just needing nav-meshing. the idea was to incorporate some castle life but once the quest is completed, i will come back and do that as well.

The current project for the questline will start and end with the player owning the castle. There were a lot of ideas on the table for the questline but something simple for ownership will be the end state.

Features:

-A lot of display options to include 75+ Mannequins, weapons racks, wall displays, falmer eye display, Dragon priest mask display, collectibles display (bug jars currently), claw key display, display cases, elder scroll display, books, misc items, and enough room to display everything in the game on counters and shelves.

-Item sorters for ingredients, weapons, armor, and most all vanilla items.

-2 teleport books: One for major places within the castle and the other to all major holds in Skyrim. These are spell tomes.

-A bathhouse that cures all ailments and restores health and magicka.

-Alchemy Lab

-Enchanting Lab

-Full Blacksmith area with Forge, tanner, smelter, grinder, etc.... Also includes shelves that are labeled for every Ore and Ingot in game for storage.

-A working Farm with every ingredient in game to include some that are not.

-A very large kitchen with shelves and containers to store ingredients for cooking.

-A vast library to story every book in the game 10 times over.

-A throne for the player to sit in that overlooks the Ghost Sea

-A cathedral with every last shrine and stone for blessings and perks

-2 teleport maps: 1 to teleport you to every city and town and the other to teleport you to all the dragon mounds

...and lots more!

Updates:

Keep coming back for more updates!

27 July 12 - I really have not updated this in a while. Mod is beta test ready or so I hope. Several interiors were created, IR DKmine. quest was completed, tested and working perfectly fine on my end. Added a weapon the player receives for word along with summon spells. had to navmesh some interiors to allow for proper npc AI (non-combat) to work. A lot of interior cell rework, minor things here and there to improve or change. minor lighting fixes to improve performance.

27 June 12 - I know I haven't updated this in a while. I got the LOD working perfectly fine and then began work on questing. I was able to get Dogtown1's permission to use his monster mod to populate some of the dungeons in my mod. reluctant to say, if you want to experience the full force of the quest you will need to download skyrim monster mod. i am prollie about 50% done with the quest and once done I will post for minor beta tests. Also, looking for a navmesh artist.

17 June 12 - fixed the hiccup with some of the questing issues i was having and the questline is coming along fine. Vyron43 is working on the navmesh on the interior cells and MrNivellen is currently sick so the work on the Ballast has been slowed down. The catacombs were created which is part of the questline. Most of the exterior is completed, although castle life is not a priority at this moment. Once the questline is completed, the mod will be releasable and hopefully for not long in beta. I will not be worried about mod conflicts during beta, as most of what my mod provides will not interfere with any others unless they are in the cells mine is created in.. and at that point it is your choice to decide what mod u want to keep.

10 June 12 - Started implementing questline, hitting hiccup and requesting support to get it right. created Hjal as the town name. Hjal Hall of dead, Hjal Elevator, Lower and Upper cells. created ancient entrance to Dzulfith. Created basement Catacombs. Navmesh currently being worked on for majority of the interior cells. updated most of the map markers. populated most of Hjal, still not going to have city life (may be implemented in the future as part of questline, if time permits).

07 June 12 - Work is slowly moving on. I recreated the exterior, changed a bit of things and created a drawbridge. The upper castle exterior was turned into Dwemer ruins instead of snow solitude houses. the Castle wall/perimeter was converted from solitude castle walls to nordic ruin walls. The outer town was revamped and the main entrance was changed to be right inside Hjal and the old entrance a back gate. Hjal has a spiral lift from the bottom up to the point where the ledge is that the drawbridge comes to. Drawbridge will be scripted versus animated right now due to lack of technical insight.

30 May 12 - Been a while since I have updated. Created and finalized the Arboretum and the conjoining entrance. created a display for random misc items and quest items. cluttered the display hall a bit to include all the random item displays. made some drastic changes to the exterior. landscape and theme. i removed a bit of the statics that clashed with the theme and removed them or retextured them. the interior castle walls has been increased in size do to removing the solitude castle wall which was honestly causing lag in the Dkworld, took up a lot of room and did not match the theme. a nordic wall has replaced it as well as the solitude buildings inside. a secondary outer wall has been emplaced to cover the outside town and outside town has been turned into main entrance to the castle with other entrance turned into a side entrance.

16 May 12 - returned from vacation, updated To-do list. new ideas will be put on the idea list. Began work on Mod.

23 Apr 12 - finalized mod to create pictures for completed rooms. renamed various activators to represent what you were actually activating. cluttered forge and created organized shelves for all ores and ingots. created Bath house that cleanses all diseases, restores health and magicka. Reworked a bunch of the basement features. Redid the Great hall for more space and ambience in the main section. removed some of the waterfalls from the great hall entryway and finalized the lighting. added various mannequins and clutter to the dimentius tower hallways and redid the lighting. went on vacation.

17 Apr 12 - Storyline Updated. Redid the lighting in the greathall entryway. redid the lighting in the cathedral and Ghost Sea Overwatch. Lighting redone in Forge Area. Image spaces and lighting templates reorganized in several cells. Revamped the throne room, but still needs some more cluttering on upper levels. Added 2 teleport maps to the great hall; one for all the dragon mounds and the other for all cities and towns (thanks to WillieSea for letting me utilize this). Courtyard was improved a bit for night time lighting and flora and statics added. Lighting was also redone in certain areas in the dining Hall as well as the kitchen. Kitchen cluttered and shelves added, redecorated. Basement section added which includes 2 interior cells: the basement and basement stairwell. It has a distillery, wine cell, storage room, and some hidden secrets. Added 2 spells to the castle; one to teleport to certain significant areas around the castle and another spell to teleport you to all the major holds. These spells also have a return option so if you are stuck in a dungeon and your inventory is full and want to teleport to the castle to drop it all off, you can click the return option and it will return you to your last location in the dungeon (thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me to utilize this). The storage room also has an auto sort capability to auto sort items into containers upon activating certain levers ( thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me base what i made off his idea and script). The alchemy lab has the same, a button to press to auto sort all of your ingredients into jar containers (thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me to utilize this). There were also vast improvements and changes made to several other cells too numerous to remember or quote.

-4 Apr 12 - cathedral completed, still needs navmeshing, also having a issue with LOD (check this site out for details). Lower west wing hallway cluttered, Study Hall completed. Greathall Entryway revamped to fix the water and ground level issue; now a 3 level interior cell. Rest of Greathall collision issue fixed. Lighting and effects in several cells revamped. Steward's Quarters relocated within the West Wing.Grand Display Room changes: replaced the old throne area with a unique display case for Dragon Priest Helms; Vanilla Scripts utilized. More weapon racks and plaques, display cases and Mannequins added to Grand Display Hall. Also set a goal to have mod releasable in Beta format by 23 April.

-30 Mar 12 - just a quick update:

I have been working dilligently on figuring out the following issues:

1. Having some water level issues with the great hall, that is unfortunately going to lead me to redo the cell. I have found no other way around this little problem. Will work on it in the future. CELL RECONFIGURED, ISSUE RESOLVED

2. I was working for a couple of days on the meshes and textures for the inner great hall portion. When i was walking up a set of stairs, i would run into a collision that stopped me from moving. i later found out that after removing the mesh from static (which including a floor and a ceiling and created two statics: one for ceiling and one for floor) it still kept the collision which is an imbedded separate mesh, similiar to navmeshing that is in the nif file itself. Deleting this shape for the ceiling portion was fine but ran into issues with falling through the floor when it was removed off the floor mesh. Did several attempts on nifSkope, importating meshes from others but was not able to get anything concrete. I will be sticking with the original mesh (minus the one i dont want) and removing the collision and add my own in the CK. FIXED

3. Started working on the Cathedral which is massive. I got some kinks out of it and it should be almost done and I am quite surprised i was able to pull this off. however, there will be no weather effects unless someone knows of a script that will work with it (cathedral is an exterior cell but with interior statics, to give you an outside perspective through the windows. lighting and time of day effect the interior, but i have weather turned off until i get the weather to only effect the areas outside the cathedral).

-22 Mar 12 - Revamped the naming convention for the Castle and its interiors to help with managing the numerous cells that it is creating. I also renamed the Mainhall to the Grand Display Hall, the Lower Hall is turned into the Great Hall, and the Dewmer section of the castle is now labeled "Dzulfith". Several rooms have been renamed as well to fit my new scheme. The castle itself will be made up of 6 sections: The Great Hall, The Upper Hall, The West Wing, The Cathedrals, Dimentius Tower, and Dzulfith.

-20 Mar 12 - Mod in esp format was causing the game to crash upon loading a save game. It was also stagnating the game as well when you tried to coc from main menu as well as trying to start a new game. all mods were taken into consideration and a second hand was used to check it out. The only thing right now that seemed to work was turning the mod into a master file. It works perfectly fine that way. So, anything that is added to the game such as statics, cells, or worldspaces will be in the master file. Anything that involves changes, such as landscape editing or static removals, will be in the mod file. Also managed to delete the Lower hell in this process. No worries it was my intent to redo it anyways.

-11 Mar 12 - Completed West wing. Made some changes to the exterior cell (DKworldspace) to have more atmosphere to it. added to the Dwemer portion of the exterior to make it look more of a fortress rather than a block of stone with a tower.

-7 Mar 12 - Story published, Work in progress.

-5 Mar 12 - got da5id2701's script to somewhat work. The idea and logic is sound, and is working but there is still some minor issues such as items stacking that shouldnt be because of global size settings on some items being "0". There is also an issue with display... when the items are removed to be reorganized when you alter the table, it is really slow and removes an item one by one. To top that off you must look away from the table in order for it to update correctly. But other than that the script works! Thank you da5id2701 for a great script and hopefully their are improvements in it's future.

-3 Mar 12 - Completed all the rooms in the Dimentius Tower. Just need to go through and clutter things a bit. Utilizing da5id2701 unlimited bookshelf script as a possible way for players to clutter and decorate their own house. having some issues actually getting it to work but the idea and logic is sound.

Castle Break Down

The Castle is broken up into major sections and they are listed below. (all Cells and exteriors need Navmeshing)

What has been built so far:

Castle

Upper Hall

-Grand Display Room

-Fore room

-Bath House

-Castle Courtyard

Great Hall

-Great Hall Entryway

-Mainhall

-Throne Room

Dzulfith

-East Wing Hallways (more halls will be added as more rooms come but mostly done)

-Dining Hall (having issues with clutter collecting at a certain point…)

-Kitchen

-Kitchen staff quarters

-Blacksmith room

-Arboretum

-Arboretum Entrance

-Ancient Hjal Entrance

-War Room (needs clutter but has two separate halls: Strategy room and Court room)

West Wing

-Lower West Wing

-Library

-Study Hall

-Guest rooms (west wing corridor in place, no guest rooms yet)

-Steward's Chambers

-Ghost Sea Overlook

-Dimentius Tower

-Lower Hall (needs clutter)

-Tower Lounge

-Tower hallways (needs some statics meshes reversed...)

-Master Quarters

-Alchemy Lab

-Enchanting Lab

-Tower Perch (needs clutter)

-East and West Servant Quarters (needs clutter and rework, closed off for now)

Cathedral

-Cell established as an exterior, needs region editing

Basement

-Basement with distiller, wine cellar, and storage room

-Basement Stairwell

-Catacombs

Hjal

-Hall of the dead

-Elevator, Upper and Lower

Exterior

-Ancient Hjal District (needs clutter, cleaning up, townsfolk, doors and interior cells)

-Upper Hjal District (needs all the same as above)

-Lower Hjal District (same as above)

-Drawbridge to Ancient Hjal/Dar Khuun entrance

-Lower and Upper Hjal Wall perimeter

-Back gate

-Back gate perimeter and gate

-Roads

-Map Markers

Cells yet to be built:

-Guest rooms

-Castle guard Barracks

-Armory

-Town interiors

-torture room

-training/combat room

-Hall of the Dead interior

To-Do's before mod is releasable, Beta:

-Exterior Completion

-Quest line

-Nav-Mesh

Ideas and plans yet to be worked on:

-Getting city, castle and roads to show up on world map (LOD)

-Working on static and landscape LOD (is it worth it?)

-Altering LOD file to include LOD of the Castle

-Nav-meshing interiors and re-mapping exteriors

-Incorporate town/castle life and vendors

-Create guards with patrol routes and guard posts

-Add in quest line

-Possibly create a mine shaft for player use to mine for ores.

-more to come……

!!!Help needed!!!

-Scripter -

1. need a script for the Dragon Priest helm display that will give player back exact helm instead of base stat object.

-3D Modeler-

1. Need some static meshes reversed or mirrored.

2. Need a platform (2nd floor balcony) ledge created in a Windhelm Interior design (being worked on by MrNivellen)

3. Animate Drawbridge (scripts currently working this problem)

-Navmeshing-

1. Someone fluent in mavmeshing and get npc's and followers to move around properly (really need someone fluent in this!!!!!)

Mods

Not needed to run mod but highly advised:

(Most of these mods were used in creating the quality of work and effort i put into a lot of the interior cells as far as lighting and and ambience of each room. Some rooms may not appear as intended without the mods below.)

-Real Water Textures

OR

WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux

-Terrain Bump

-Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul

-Lush Trees

-Lush Trees - Vurts Compatability Patch

-Lush Grass

-Skyrim HD (mod was original used with Skyrim HD loose files. currently using bsa's so i don't know if Skyrim HD is a must need for my mod to work since i altered my SkyrimPref.ini file to include the bsa's)

-Beth HD (DLC Pack on Steam Workshop)

-Hionimi's HD Texture DLC fix

-HQ Snow Textures

Note: Dynamic Snow Mod does not work with the statics in my mod. Do not know why.

Highly Recommended for in picture cinematic look:

-Superl3 ENB

FXAA Post Process Injector

-Revamped Exterior Fog

-Remove Ambient Interior Fog

mods that will be included with the download file:

-Scripts from Unlimited bookshelf

Pictures

WARNING: All the pictures posted will not reflect the final project. As the project goes on, changes may be made either because of game conflicts, lighting issues, or additions that were added. Once I get a cell about 80% complete I will post pictures of it for a sneak peak. Most of what else needs to be added is clutter and finalizing the lighting and image spaces

Known Issues:

-Crash on load save when mod is ESP - The game would crash immediately upon loading a save game while the mod was loaded. It would also stagnate the game when trying to COC into a cell from the menu or when you tried loading a save game. Fresh save games were used but still had an issue. once the game was turned into a master file however, it worked perfectly.

-Invisible static or disappearing static in Tamriel Worldspace - apparently this is a well-known issue affecting a lot of people and Beth is tracking it. Unfortunately there is no real known "fix" right now but i think i have found a work around. I will not know until Beta testing if my work around has fixed the issue or if it just seems so on my system.

-Game crashes when trying to exit MidHall to an exterior cell - I had a huge issue with this when trying to get the Midhall to open up to the courtyard, which is an exterior cell. Unfortunately the only fix i had for that was sectioning off the Midhall, creating the Castle Patio which was an original part of the Midhall. I took that section and created a new cell, and this cell connects to the Midhall and opens up to the courtyard. The issue did not persist and it’s a working fix. If you want any further information please read this post.

- Floating grass in CK - apparently this is ONLY an issue in the CK as it does not appear in the game itself when played. When you alter the landscape in the Tamriel worldspace, a lot of the times the grass associated with that landscape doesn’t move respectively or go away so it appears as floating grass. I assure you that it does not appear that way in game.

- Dragon spawn - I find this to be more funny and a joke than anything but apparently if you decide to jump off the Dimentius Tower towards Solitude, a dragon spawns and attacks you right before you hit the ground and die. I have no clue where this dragon is coming from since the actual castle is in its own worldspace when you are on top of Dimentius tower and there is nothing out there besides region boundaries. But the same location in Tamriel is where a voice wall is along with a dragon... so I'm thinking the game is confused and sees two locations and spawns a dragon whether I'm in Tamriel or the other worldspace. if you are on the quest to kill the dragon at that voice wall, the dragon will have the quest marker above it. he also has no animation whatsoever. he flies around in the same position as if he was sitting on the wall. Very weird but funny! Hopefully you never have a reason to jump off that tower.

Credits:

Castle Dar Khuun Header Photo - Triaxx2

Ingredient sorter - WillieSea

Item/gear sorter - WillieSea

Teleport maps - WillieSea

Teleport Spells - WillieSea

Altered Book Shelf Script - da5id2701

(If I have left out any credit for items I have used or received from you please let me know and I will update this)

Edited by kane4355

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i posted all the exterior pics i wanted to and apparently met my quota for the original post so any further pics will be posted as replies.

Looks great so far! Can we see it from the air? It's hard to get a good idea of the overall layout from inside.

As far as your request, i think i can manage. unfortunately the castle grounds are so large I had to break it up amonst 3 world spaces (tamriel, city space and courtyard space). I will have to post 3 pictures for you and ill get them up as soon as possible.