6365 replies to this topic

fr0zenfr0g

fr0zenfr0g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I get this error:

FNIS Behavior V3.4 2013-01-22 21:32:18
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\SteamLibrary (Elder Scrolls)\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Windows\system32

ERROR(2019):

What to do?

fore

fore

behavior mudcrab

• Premium Member
  • 3,098 posts
@fr0zenfr0g: install like described in th description. You are not supposed to run the generator from C:\Windows\system32

@Gallstafff01: when you use XPMS then you should use the XPMS patch as well, not the CHSBHC arm fix.

@pajunkisssa: send me a screenshot by pm. But I don't think I can help you. Something is badly broken in your Windows, or .NET

@Gravid: can anyone tell me how I could phrase this issue, so people will understand? You are using default skeletons (meaning you have no custom skeleton installed) But you you have activated the arm fix patch for the CHSBHC skeleton. Which you don't use. So why would you use this patch?

@knovack1: FNIS Spells are for demonstration purposes only. There is no effort whatsoever to integrate them into the game logic.

@SocialyInept: look at the first few lines of the PCEA description. xp32 will remove those files again when she makes an update.

@BenjaminRaspel: this is not enough information to tell. Send me you log file via pm

@makavely91: if it's a great mod, then why do you have to uninstall. But anyway, there is a de-installation section

@systemhendrix: FNIS does not cause CTD when installed without PCEA.

narphous

narphous

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 667 posts

@narphous: the path for 1hm_idle.hkx can be changed from "animation" to "animation/female" (or the same for male) because of 2 reasons: 1) you patch xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon", or 2) you patch Gender and have a file 1hm_idle.hkx in you animationsfemale. Of course, if you then remove animations/female/1hm.hkx and DON'T run the generator again, then you will get half-T instead of the idle, because the engine won't find an animation file with that path and name. If you generate without any of these 2 patches, and remove this file (animations/1hm_idle.hkx), nothing bad will happen. The engine just uses the file from its .bsa.

1) I always run the generate utility if I do anything in animations, even replace an existing file. I'm pretty religious about that.

2) I've found more animations that were failing related to shield and stagger. Placing the vanilla animations in the animations/male folder and running the generate utility seems to at least get animations that play.

3) This seems to be the problem I've been having since updating to the 3.4 beta and trying, then removing http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29649 (and running the generate utility between all steps), animations aren't found by the game where they're supposed to be.

In any case, I'm tired of messing with it. I found a work around, which is just dump the failing animations into the male folder and run the generate utility. At least all the animations seem to play correctly now.

ragonaki

ragonaki

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
After applying gender specific patch, female characters(followers) don't sheathe weapons after combat. I applied 'female animation pack' (http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/29408/) only. How can I fix it?

Edited by ragonaki, 23 January 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Dareshiranu

Dareshiranu

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having this problem. I did relocate, twice... as I had an essential HD die on me without warning. I had just put Steam on another machine however, so it was easier to do a relocate from files there than reinstall all the software a piece at a time. Steam seems to have no problem determining my legality, Just GenerateFNISforUsers. I also can't seem to manage to get scripts to compile, but I can scarcely find any info that discusses anything on that. I would like the idles to work as I have enough problems getting Skyrim to run at all with a multi-monitor setup and I just can't bring myself to play it vanilla when all these mods exist for it. If I had any empirical evidence that they worked.. Thus far, not so much. Maybe I'm just too greedy. But If you could help out I'd be grateful.

Dareshiranu

Dareshiranu

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK, so let me get this right, as I have now read all the instructions for FNIS and for transferring Steam. See, I had read that Skyrim had trouble with mods when Steam was installed to the C:\Program Files directory, but not to worry, Valve had that covered. they had created an easy method to move an entire Steam game directory, re-run the main program and off you go. It went smoothly, I was astonished. I had, however, made the cardinal sin of transferring to a HD that was about to die. So I had to do it all over again from a second machine I play on for Big Picture.

The second sin I've committed is the hubris of having three monitors, I have trouble running Skyrim on a triple set, I have trouble running Skyrim with mods, hence the move. Steam didn't think I was stealing it btw, everything I've run since the move has been fine. I now discover that since many mods rely on FNIS to function and FNIS refuses to function unless its programmer's sense of moral superiority is satisfied.

So now I have to copy the game-file directory (again), uninstall Steam (to remove old registry entries), reinstall Steam, and to ice the cake reinstall all the mods into Skyrim again because I've learned through my previous experiences that though something like l4d can take mods with it, Skyrim is not so robust and I have to start from scratch. I bought the freaking game plus dlc, have played it (according to Steam) for about 20 hours and haven't gotten past character generation but once, and then I just got to the nearest village. I refuse to play vanilla with all the mods out there, that is why I bought the game.

I appreciate the communities efforts. But... IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD! I struggle not to be rude, rude bruises the delicate sensibilities of the populace and gets you kicked off boards, but good God! I feel like a dog jumping through hoops, that are on fire, over pools of kerosene.

Broski626

Broski626

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
FNIS Behavior V3.4 1/23/2013 10:45:30 AM
Skyrim: 1.8.151.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
ERROR(53): File not found.

this is what im getting on the generate FNIS for users. what do i do?

sorry if this has been asked before. i new to this thing.

Sigurd44

Sigurd44

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,334 posts
In addition to the skeleton-warning-question below: I got this warning: >>Warning: One or both installed skeletons don't match the skeleton patch (99 bones)<< I use the CHSBHC skeleton files for BBP (the textures I overwrote with CBBE body textures) and I use The Skeleton of Female Models in addition (because the later one does improve the mediocre BBP effect in combination with CBBE textures a bit, in my opinion). No CHSBHC arm fix installed. I just thought this is a warning if you do NOT use the default skeleton, but a custom skeleton and therefore there is a chance that some FNIS idols and animation may look strange, because they are developed for the custom skeleton. But to be honest I really did not notice any strange animations/idols even with other FNIS compatible mods (Zaz, PinupPoser etc.) or even CTDs or "frozen" NPCs, so I decided to ignore this warning :-)

Edited by Sigurd44, 23 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

fore

fore

behavior mudcrab

• Premium Member
  • 3,098 posts
@Sigurd44: yes, I can see this message can be a little bit confusing, but I need one message for all bad combinations of skeletons and skeleton patch. In your case you use CHSBHC, but don't have a skeleton patched (patch level 99 bones = default). And in this case you will see the infamous arm glitch. Which has nothing to do with any FNIS idles.

@Broski626: I'm getting crazy about these stupid Antivirus programs, complaining about the generator, or in your case about hkxcmd. I guess you use Webroot. Make your AV accept hkxcmd.exe, and everything will work.

@Dareshiranu: you don't have to make a Skyrim re-install just because of this non-legal warning. FNIS will deliver the same result with or without the warning. This message is only there for me to identify cases where I will refuse any support. In your case you don't have to make a complete re-install. See the FAQ instruction for a quick re-install, written by a helpful user who had the same issue you have right now. But when in 20 hours of playing you have not come past Riverwood, I think you should re-evaluate your mod using strategy. NEVER add more than a couple of mods at once. Then play with them for a while, then add the next. And so on. Everything else is harakiri. I played at least 50 hours before I installed my first mod. And I was an experienced Oblivion modder and user.

@ragonaki: did you move 1hm_unequip to female (it's not that way in the female animation pack). Did you move or delete this file after running the generator? Do you use PCEA?

JJlolftw

JJlolftw

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It keep's telling me it is not run from a Skyrim installation directory, I do not understand, I just finished reinstaling it from steam today!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.923 seconds