Photo

Can't download mods directly to mod manager.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

lychanking

lychanking

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
When ever I click the download with manager nothing happens. I have nexus mod manager up and running but nothing happens. Also I just started using the windows 8 consumer preview. I'm assuming that's the problem. Any way to fix this other than reverting back to old os?

RubikNight

RubikNight

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Reinstall or check if there is a update.....is a first option.

lychanking

lychanking

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Reinstall or check if there is a update.....is a first option.

Got the lastest update. This was happening with the previous version as well as the newest one.

d12squall

d12squall

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

When ever I click the download with manager nothing happens. I have nexus mod manager up and running but nothing happens. Also I just started using the windows 8 consumer preview. I'm assuming that's the problem. Any way to fix this other than reverting back to old os?

Pretty sure it is Win8 related. I recently installed 8 as well - same issue.

d12squall

d12squall

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Just not working with Google Chrome on Windows 8. Internet Explorer works just fine.

pane345

pane345

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i donwload a mod and it says that its downloading then it says that to all the mods i download how do  i fix that

skru_loose

skru_loose

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i donwload a mod and it says that its downloading then it says that to all the mods i download how do  i fix that

This may be a separate issue -- this note is about not getting any confirmation of downloading via the NMM program at all.  Though it's entirely possible they're related, you may be better served by posting a separate report.

Nope, I believe it's not Win8 related.  I have Win7, and believe it's related to the recent system updates Nexus-wide as eveyrthing was working before that and I haven't made any changes to (nor had any issues with) my local system which has been solid and established for a bit over two years now.  I'm currently having this exact same problem:  NMM is running and logged in, I'm logged into the Nexus, but it's not actually triggering the download through NMM.  This has been the case with both of the last two releases v0.45.4 and v0.45.5.  For both, I've verified as clean an install as I can (uninstall, reg cleaned w/CCleaner, reboot, deleted leftover directories and confirmed that I'm not able to locate any leftover entries afterwards), and the issue persists.

OS changes are a giant pain -- I'd hold off on it d12 (edit) lychanking, as I don't think it's your system.

I've been watching load times and such improve, since the upgrade has been labeled complete, so I'm inclined to wait a bit longer to see if this levels out or not.  Frustrating, yes, certainly, but things appear to be continuing to improve and I'm willing to bet that it's related to the Nexus system migration as I've been using this site off-and-on since I Skyrim's release and never had this issue before.

Edited by skru_loose, 30 July 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Vigb

Vigb

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think i now what the problem is. When i was using Google Chrome i couldn't download mods with the nexus mod manager. But when i tried Internet Explorer it worked perfectly fine.

Ctlz

Ctlz

• Premium Member
  • 18 posts

That worked for me on IE too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds