BOSS_API_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS: Plugins may not be sorted before Update.e

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,851 posts
If your NMM is crashing because you are getting the following error in your tracelog:

"BOSS_API_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS: Plugins may not be sorted before Update.esm."

It's because you don't have an Update.esm in your Skyrim directory.

The number 1 reason for you not having Update.esm in your Skyrim directory is because you pirated Skyrim, and the pirates didn't deem it necessary to share it with you.

We are NOT going to be spending time hot fixing this bug to help pirates mod their game more easily.

If you did not pirate your version of Skyrim and bought it legitimately then your Skyrim install is bugged, or you deleted Update.esm thinking you didn't need it, and I strongly recommend you reinstall it.

eSildur

eSildur

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How about "Plugins may not be sorted before the game's master file"?

Megaman1221

Megaman1221

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I'm getting the same problem but its with master file not update, and its on a definitely not pirated copy of Fallout 3.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

I'm getting the same problem but its with master file not update, and its on a definitely not pirated copy of Fallout 3.

you're getting a BOSS API error from skyrim while running Fallout 3??!!

Megaman1221

Megaman1221

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I'm getting the same error other people are getting with modding Skyrim when I try to mod Fallout 3. I only mention it because Dark0ne seemed to be jumping to the conclusion that this is only effecting pirates which it is not. The error is from NMM not the game itself.

Edited by Megaman1221, 05 March 2012 - 05:32 PM.

tsff19

tsff19

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
Yeah, for me the error is related to the master file as well. Also, when I click-activated a mod, it crashed.

eSildur

eSildur

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
For me helped this: removing ALL mods from NMM and then installing them back without making any changes in default mod names. Bug causing this error exists somewhere.
When you edit mod name it causes this mod name to duplicate sometimes - perhaps it's related?

It still somehow confuses mods as well: after I install mod A and try to install mod B it claims "there's a newer version of mod A available" - if you just ignore this message, mod B installs normally, though.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,851 posts
The master file error is not the same as the Update.esm error. Please keep it to the tracker and don't use this thread to talk about it, as the two are unrelated. Thanks!

autumnchilde

autumnchilde

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Im getting the master file error, my game is NOT pirated and I do have an update.esm file in my plugins. It was working great until I just updated it.

kalmknight

kalmknight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I do not have a pirated skyrim game and have not deleted any files. Error occurred immediately after downloading latest nmm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Page loaded in: 1.004 seconds