• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Whitefox40

Whitefox40

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yeah, for me the error is related to the master file as well. Also, when I click-activated a mod, it crashed.

Yes removing mods in NMM .015 then reactivating them works no problems now Ty for the tip

Edited by Whitefox40, 05 March 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Whitefox40

Whitefox40

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
NMM 0.15.12 Works ok now also ty

Edited by Whitefox40, 05 March 2012 - 08:06 PM.

autumnchilde

autumnchilde

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
New version downloaded today and has fixed the issue. Thank you.

BigBodZod

BigBodZod

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 267 posts
NMM v0.15.15 is working fine for me.

CMoth

CMoth

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 156 posts
I'll take a shot at the update and see if it works.

I was a bit put off by the initial post to this thread. Unless retail outlets are now packaging pirated copies of the game that was NOT my issue. Besides, I HAD the update.esm, my previous version of NMM was working fine until the update. THEN it crashed. Kind of leads one to conclusions.

nosisab

nosisab

The old faithful

• Premium Member
  • 3,071 posts
To be honest, myself almost deleted the Update.esm for till before the last patch I never activated it and could not find any usefulness to it other than create something like a "mods manifesto" for WS installed mods and/or load order, the kind of "solution", which just by using an esm to perform the task is beyond "awkward" and the supra-sumo of what I would expect from MS (only) and none the less.

Now I just few "lucky" for having resisted the urge, just can't say what happen if it is deleted, should not Steam regenerate it?

Now, missing the main esm is not even possible and the game would not start, so NMM has a clear bug of high priority, that is what I understand Dark0ne meant when said the two are unrelated issues.

So, is useful in this thread reporting "having" Update.esm and still getting the NMM error, for missing it is a greater issue which I believe affects WS yet more (repeating, I can't be sure for I have no idea what is that update.esm and no willing to discover).

Edited by nosisab, 09 March 2012 - 07:14 PM.

LeonardoTran

LeonardoTran

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
I still got the Update.ESM untouched. And still the problem persist. New version seems to be a bit more stable, but there's still bug here and there and an occational crash.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,474 posts

1 - Now I just few "lucky" for having resisted the urge, just can't say what happen if it is deleted, should not Steam regenerate it?

2 - Now, missing the main esm is not even possible and the game would not start, so NMM has a clear bug of high priority

1 - steam has a built in function to do this easily - but it requires your command to happen

2 - UAC can cause this --- (may not be the only cause) --- as its designed to fool a virus into thinking it is working properly --- and UAC can't tell the difference between a user/owner and a virus

eriahers

eriahers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
Sorry to sort of necro this, but I feel I've found a temporary work-around.

I had this error happen for the first time today in the middle of adding a lot of mods to a fresh Skyrim install. The first time it happened was frustrating enough that I exited out of NMM and vented some steam playing a different game. Then a few minutes ago, I was continuing my mod installation with zero problems for well over two dozen mods. Suddenly, I get that same error for two mods in a row. I decided to exit NMM and re-open it; BAM, no more problems. I'm not sure what's causing the issue on NMMs part, but exiting and re-opening it seems to rectify the issue, albeit temporarily.

I hope this helps.

kmarr085

kmarr085

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I, too have the Boss API Error, but I'm trying to work with Fallout New Vegas, not Skyrim. And my game isn't pirated. What should I do?

Page loaded in: 0.985 seconds