• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

laeresh

laeresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Same problem here, legal version.
I think the problem is that when I install a mod and I look at the plugin load order, the ESP is before the ESM.

Cridel

Cridel

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I'm getting the same error other people are getting with modding Skyrim when I try to mod Fallout 3. I only mention it because Dark0ne seemed to be jumping to the conclusion that this is only effecting pirates which it is not. The error is from NMM not the game itself.

There is actually a trigger bug in the Nexus Mod Manager it self. I have been discussing this matter with Dark0ne for months and he hasn't yet cleaned it out. I don't think he knows how to. He also doesn't know how to make a decent mod manager either, which another person had went at great lengths to create a rival mod manager that actually doesn't generate this same problem.

He has been using the "well you've got the pyrated one, so hyuk hyuk, too bad for you" excuse with almost all of his semi-failed algorithmic contraptions.

I have the pirated and non-pirated ones to compare. Why? Well... I have two computers in my house as well as a PS3 and I don't feel like buying copies of the same game just to compare it on multiple different systems. So you tell me who here the true thief is.

You know what is really funny. It is very easy to make it legal to pirate if you just organize together down at Washington DC, but you don't and that is why you have to pay a ridiculous some for a game before it is even half decently berid of bugs to play.

However in my assessment, nothing on a computer should have a price tag on it, because it isn't an actual commodity and as such it doesn't fit in with the whole grand scheme of Adam Smith's Capitalism. It is a perversion and actually causes more harm than good. No one will admit it. In fact a lot of things negatively impact our economy at a national and worldwide level. The sale of automobiles, the sale of homes and real-estate, and even the existence of money it self. Goodness do I rant a lot. LOL!

You are the true thief.
Goodbye
-DrGrimm

Edited by DrGrimm, 06 June 2012 - 03:01 AM.

TheDarknessM16

TheDarknessM16

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
you're retarded. i pirated the game and i have the update.esm. the issue was solved by restarting NMM.

Banned - pirates not tolerated here. We support the game makers. Don't be so cheap - buy the game.
bben46

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,625 posts
Funny how pirates aren't smart enough to keep their mouths shut. If it isn't something you'd say in front of a police officer, you probably shouldn't say it on the internet, which is the same thing as being in a crowd of people and shouting it.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,925 posts

You know what is really funny. It is very easy to make it legal to pirate if you just organize together down at Washington DC, but you don't and that is why you have to pay a ridiculous some for a game before it is even half decently berid of bugs to play.

However in my assessment, nothing on a computer should have a price tag on it, because it isn't an actual commodity and as such it doesn't fit in with the whole grand scheme of Adam Smith's Capitalism. It is a perversion and actually causes more harm than good. No one will admit it. In fact a lot of things negatively impact our economy at a national and worldwide level. The sale of automobiles, the sale of homes and real-estate, and even the existence of money it self. Goodness do I rant a lot. LOL!

You think that was a rant?
Wonderful idea. Now how do those developers that you just legislated out of a job feed their family? You think a programmers work should be free - despite the fact that they may have spent thousands of dollars going to school to learn their skill or art, and now because of your legislation no longer get payed for there skilled labor because you think you should be entitled to that work for free.

Now, as a game developer, tell me just why I should make games if I can't get any income from them? How do I pay my programmers? Pay for the high end computers (average $8K to $10K each) needed to create a game? pay the rent and utilities on a building?

Why should I as an investor put up 5 to 10 MILLION dollars up front that Instead of having to wait 5 to 6 years to see any return, now have NO return because of the gimmie gimmie attitude of of the entitled kiddies that think they deserve my labor free?

And as a programmer, why should I work on a game that pays nothing and returns only criticism of my greed for actually wanting to be paid for my work? Instead I could become a farmer to feed my family.

Now , a counter idea. Since you don't think they should get money for their work, How about we have some of them move in with you in exchange for their labor in making a game. You must feed, clothe and see to their medical needs (including their families) and in return you get a free game out of the deal?

You really need to re read Adam Smith, the real complete works, and not just the excerpts from his The Theory of Moral Sentiments that fit your personal fantasy. Read some of the other classical theories on economics also to get an idea of the environment he worked in. His own theories changed radically during his lifetime. Reading his early work and his later work you will see two differing views of economics theory.

If Grimm hadn't beat me to it, I would have banned just as quick.

xxfireflyxx

xxfireflyxx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think that labeling anyone who is encountering this problem as a pirate is very short sighted and, grossly unfair. I am not a pirate; I bought the game first on the xbox 360 and after finding this place, bought it on PC to spice it up a bit. If you want to dispute that I can give you screen shots of my steam account and take pics of my actual install disc with serial on the inside of the Skyrim PC cover.

I was playing for close to two months before I started getting any issues and the issues I was getting was the game crashing. I thought, "stuff this. I'll uninstall and re install it" - full wipe, steam and skyrim both. Now when I go to add mods I get errors with NMM - yes I also did the whole uninstall and re install with NMM as well.

Now, with that said, how do I fix this? It only happens on certain mods like the Dues Mons player home mod and a couple of others. Please don't tell me I have to start from scratch again; the download from steam is so painfully slow. Please don't call me a pirate either, because I am not!

Edit:

Just thought I would add this since it clearly shows that all files are present via NMM - although I'm not sure why the first one seems a little greyed out compared to the others.

Posted Image

Edited by xxfireflyxx, 14 July 2012 - 02:04 AM.

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,625 posts

I think that labeling anyone who is encountering this problem as a pirate is very short sighted and, grossly unfair. I am not a pirate; I bought the game first on the xbox 360 and after finding this place, bought it on PC to spice it up a bit. If you want to dispute that I can give you screen shots of my steam account and take pics of my actual install disc with serial on the inside of the Skyrim PC cover.

I was playing for close to two months before I started getting any issues and the issues I was getting was the game crashing. I thought, "stuff this. I'll uninstall and re install it" - full wipe, steam and skyrim both. Now when I go to add mods I get errors with NMM - yes I also did the whole uninstall and re install with NMM as well.

Now, with that said, how do I fix this? It only happens on certain mods like the Dues Mons player home mod and a couple of others. Please don't tell me I have to start from scratch again; the download from steam is so painfully slow. Please don't call me a pirate either, because I am not!

Edit:

Just thought I would add this since it clearly shows that all files are present via NMM - although I'm not sure why the first one seems a little greyed out compared to the others.

Posted Image

AP Skyrim.esm?

EDIT: Oh. Well *ahem* whatever works for you.

xxfireflyxx

xxfireflyxx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

AP Skyrim.esm?

Please explain what you mean by that? TBH, I don't even know the reason or function for that.

Edit:

For anyone that doesn't want to be some ambiguous asshat, I worked out a fix for my problem. I don't know why, but the file loading order was out for some reason. I simply went into data and reordered the loading order of the files.

Edited by xxfireflyxx, 14 July 2012 - 06:07 AM.

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,625 posts

AP Skyrim.esm?

Please explain what you mean by that? TBH, I don't even know the reason or function for that.

Edit:

For anyone that doesn't want to be some ambiguous asshat, I worked out a fix for my problem. I don't know why, but the file loading order was out for some reason. I simply went into data and reordered the loading order of the files.

Better not be referencing me, didn't know what ESM it was till I googled it trying to help solve your issue with the very little usable info provided. >.>

xxfireflyxx

xxfireflyxx

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, my apologies, I was referencing you. It seems that anyone with this problem is branded a theif which I am not, and I found your message somewhat ambiguous and a little uncertain of its meaning - I assumed you were having a dig.

You were not, so for the asshat reference I sincerly apologise. You are right though, there is not much info on this particular problem via the search engines.

Page loaded in: 0.972 seconds