changing npc lip color

aarons6

im choosing lip color but it doesnt seem to be changing in game.. any ideas why?

i made it an esm and did the ctrl-f4 thing but the dds file is just a grey square.

now i seem to have broken the ck.. when i click preview it throws out a bunch of errors about missing an environment map and closes with a bunch of assertion errors...

Edited by aarons6

the error message i get is

assert

file: C:\_Skyrim\code\tesv\bsshader\bsrendertergetgroup.cpp

line 445

then you get abort retry or fail and nothing works except fail and that closes the program.

i cant believe they made this game with this crappy program..

Try changing the lip color with Bethesda's textures. I assume the CK is currently unable to render higher resolution lip or tattoo textures. Is there anything valuable in the esp/esm file you're having trouble with? If not, I suggest deleting it (or if it's a downloaded mod, replacing it) and starting over with a new esp. Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Bendford is right. I have tested and can confirm.

Personally, I use coverwomen and pretty lips mods. If I go in the CK to try and change the lip color of an npc, firstly i dont see a lip color, secondly i dont see any changes i try to make.

I then disabled the textures related to mentioned mods (just temporarily rename .../textures/actors/character/character assets/tintmasks folder to something different), and next went into CK again.

Now I did see lip color, and was also able to change it. Afterward the changed lip color was also visible in game, even after re-enabling the face mods, by renaming the tintmask folder back to its original name.

The CK just does not show lip color, and is not able to change lip color, when you have high res lip textures active.