CTD when clicking on general stats in menu

fossmana

I got two crash situations. One is clicking on the general stats in main menu. The other is Crasn NOT to Desktop, just a random permafreeze when outdoors. I checked the 44100 sound solution I found online. No help. I upgraded Skype as someone suggested outside software might be interfering. Any other ideas.

For crashing in General Stats in the Main Menu, the following information might help (even if you do not use the same mod, any other mod that adds custom spells will probably have the same issue):

Crashes when you open the Main Menu or when you try to open General Stats in the Main Menu?

If it is General Stats, were you using the new spells with Deadly Dragons?

If so, you might have used one of those new spells enough so that it became your Favorite Spell listed in General Stats. This would cause a crash going to General Stats without your previous version of DD installed. It might still cause a crash with a newer version of DD if the spell's formid is different.

If all of this is true, you can save your affected save by casting another vanilla spell enough so that it becomes your Favorite Spell in General Stats. Pick a Destruction spell so that you are not advancing your skills while doing so, turn on godmode, and fire it off in the air over and over. It might take awhile to make the change. You can reinstall the previous version of DD so that you can see when it changes, but it is not necessary to do so. (And another but) If you do not have the previous version installed and you check *before* it changes, you will crash and have to start the process over.

Edited by blove

For crashing in General Stats in the Main Menu, the following information might help (even if you do not use the same mod, any other mod that adds custom spells will probably have the same issue):

Crashes when you open the Main Menu or when you try to open General Stats in the Main Menu?

If so, you might have used one of those new spells enough so that it became your Favorite Spell listed in General Stats. This would cause a crash going to General Stats without your previous version of DD installed. It might still cause a crash with a newer version of DD if the spell's formid is different.

If all of this is true, you can save your affected save by casting another vanilla spell enough so that it becomes your Favorite Spell in General Stats. Pick a Destruction spell so that you are not advancing your skills while doing so, turn on godmode, and fire it off in the air over and over. It might take awhile to make the change. You can reinstall the previous version of DD so that you can see when it changes, but it is not necessary to do so. (And another but) If you do not have the previous version installed and you check *before* it changes, you will crash and have to start the process over.

Thanks that seems to have solved one of my problems. I still have permafreeze in the exteriors. New loading cells from fast travel or opening doors to outside seems to trigger it the most often.

Thanks that seems to have solved one of my problems. I still have permafreeze in the exteriors. New loading cells from fast travel or opening doors to outside seems to trigger it the most often.

I solved my problem, I removed all of the Workshop mods from Steam. I am so done with Steam.

When I saw the list of coming changes for 1.5 I thought maybe they were fixing this issue. Apparently I was mistaken. Even with 1.5 if a new spell gained via a mod makes it to your favourite spell, you can never uninstall that mod unless you do the time consuming fix mentioned above.

You, Mister, just saved my day, THANK YOU !