How DO You Make ESM's

malabar

Maybe a stupid question here, but why do you want to convert esp's to esm's?

I can tell you why I use esm for my Dovahkiin Sanctuary mod.

1. Fixes the interior Navmesh bug (but not exterior)

2. Fixes moving Mannequins (although simply providing Navmesh under the mannequin works for esp too).

3. Fixes new NPC discolored faces (all same dark color). I understand there is a way to achieve this fix with esp as well

So, primary purpose is Navmesh bug for interiors. Using this method for exterior Navmesh has it's own set of issues to consider.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i use NPC edit to create .esp and .bsa files (trying to mke neck colors match bodies), I then fire up TESVSnip and open the .esp and then save as .esm, place them all inside ata folder, enable .esm on NMM load order but game crashes on startup screen back to desktop. If i remove the files, game works again. What am I doing wrong, thanks in advance.

i use NPC edit to create .esp and .bsa files (trying to mke neck colors match bodies), I then fire up TESVSnip and open the .esp and then save as .esm, place them all inside ata folder, enable .esm on NMM load order but game crashes on startup screen back to desktop. If i remove the files, game works again. What am I doing wrong, thanks in advance.

For some people, TESVSnip seems to work making an .esm, for some (like me) it does not.

As said in some posts above, Wrye Bash works reliable and it's very easy. Just right-click your .esp and 'copy to esm'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

found away around the facetint stuff, go and move your facetint folder out of your Skyrim directory textures/actors/character/FaceGenData then move to facetint folder to your desktop or something (because you will want it back later right) haha) then export the facegendata in creation kit, it will then find the path it need to and your face dds's will be in the esp with your npc/followers name! worked for me so i hope this helps, you do the same for meshes if you need that!