Inn-sound bug?

todd92371

this is probably the somewhat known issue with the game physics engine causing 'improperly' placed static objects to make a racket.

yep the rattling noises are annoying if you get them, the rattling and rare occurance when an object suddenly flys across the room lol.

you might have forced Vsync off which is known to cause this game behavior.

not suggesting Vsync should be on or off, you'll need to experiment/decide what is best for you and your hardware.

i force vsync off for performance reasons, using customized nvidia game profile and tweak in skyrim.ini & skyrimprefs.ini:

[Display]

iPresentInterval=0

if you have vsync off you could consider capping fps to 60 if necessary which might fix physics issues.

(high framerates can cause object physics instability)

sometimes if you exit/re-enter a game cell (an Inn) will fix things.

• 1 month later...

FIXED IT.

Download and use the fps limiter. Just set it at 100 and all the problems are gone. It must be too high framerates.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thank you SOOO MUCH, that bug has been driving me nuts for the longest time, I've been looking to solve it by Googleing it now and again when it gets on my nerves since the game came out and just now found your post. Worst thing about this bug is that its darn hard to explain, wasn't till recently that I realized that it only happens in Inns, I thought I had it happen in other places as well. Anyways, thanks again, you're a life saver ... well that might be going a bit far, but you did help me keep my sanity when ever I'm visiting an Inn in this game =D