121 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870,813 posts
Lanterns of Skyrim - Around Cities

This mod add lanterns around main cities Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm and Winterhold.

sbire

sbire

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
great idea, but many player houses and villages are at roads or uses the cell of it.
may this will conflict with such mods.

cold12345

cold12345

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
I really like the idea. ;)
Testing...

shadowfax31

shadowfax31

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I tried other similar lantern mods but they were never satisfactory either because the lanterns were found all over skyrim roads or the lanterns were too closely spaced for my taste. I use your lantern on bridges mod and really like it. Downloading this mod and hopefully will be back to endorse. Do the lanterns have timers so they will turn off during the daytime?

Ajores

Ajores

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
Going to DL and test it out. Will be back to endorse later ;)

willyto

willyto

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I'm using your other mod and I love it. I'm going to use this too. Will be back to endorse your work.

Keep doing these fantastic mods!

Cos76

Cos76

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 760 posts
Your idea is wonderful gratz :D it's exactly what i was thinking a few days ago but i'm no modder plus i like to play :P But i'm so glad u thought about this :)Kudos given and i cant wait to see more^_^ ty for sharing with us:)

Ironman5000

Ironman5000

Nexus Master-of-Arms

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts
Nice addition to immersion, not something a lot of modders would think of and it would bring life to the town exteriors. Thanks!

Vaako21

Vaako21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
nice idea, if you want to add even more immersion you could try to make npcs enlighten them at night which wanders the roads

mkelton19

mkelton19

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
edit: Endorsed XD

There was another mod that did this but it went waaayy overboard with the number of lampposts.. like one every 10-20 ft over a large distance.

I love the concept behind this, and I hope you keep it *refined* and not stick a lantern in the ground just for the sake of sticking lanterns in the ground. IMHO if used correctly (and this is obvious) road-side lanterns can add many different moods to Skyrim depending on where they are placed, how frequently they are placed, and how much consideration is given to their position *relative* to the surrounding environment (i.e. flora, masonry, turns in the path/road, canopy-cover from trees, etc)...

On the other hand, if done incorrectly, any immersive effects created by the nice ambiance of a few well-spaced lanterns in the perfect, well-chosen spots can be destroyed :(

I think you'll do it right though :)

Edited by mkelton19, 09 March 2012 - 02:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.995 seconds