Impossible to get married

misterW11

Hey guys,

I need some help because I can't find out how to get married.

Well, at first I tried to marry Mjoll, everything was going fine until the ceremony.

Then, when Maramal said he was giving us our rings, I didn't receive anything and Mjoll was still considered as my follower.

I made this several times, nothing changed. :wallbash:

Anyway, I loaded a quicksave and said "no"to Mjoll to avoid that and I tried again.

Now, I have the quest "attend your wedding ceremony" but Maramal has no dialogue option about getting married, only charity and Mara's belief if I'm not wrong.

Added to that, the priests of Mara told me "congratulations on your marriage" but I'm not married !!! :wallbash:

Now I'm just looking to remove this quest and to start it all over again, from buying the amulet to getting married.

Can anyone help me for this ? :ohdear:

There is a chain of events that give the right to marry. First off you have to do tasks for said NPC's then once you are done with their tasks, it makes them a possible partner. You have to talk to Maramal about Mara's beliefs, then he will give a dialouge about weddings. You ask how to do this, he then asks about buying an amulet of Mara from him for 200. a lot of people use console commands or other sources to get the Amulet of Mara, and they ask why their amulet does not work. You can sometimes come across amulets of Mara in your travels ( which is pretty rare if you did not go through the Dialouge from Maramal first. They will be found everywheres after you go through the dialouge) aswell, but you still have to go through the chain of events in order to get the amulet to work. Also be warned Aeran will still follow Mjol around like a Buck in heat, no matter what house you stick Mjol in, Aeran will be there, and still say dialouge like he and Mjol are still in Riften. Did you do every task in order to get the wedding to happen?

TL;DR;

you can try:

~

click on Mjol

then type:

adfac 19809 1

Edited by knovack1