• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
How did you create custom tri files for facial morphs? Could you explain the procedures you used or point me to a link that explains how to do it and the tools used? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Astymma

Astymma

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
@Edmond Dantes
If you check my oblivion mod you'll find a tutorial for editing tri files. Can fairly easily be done by using FaceGen and AddMorph utility.

Not 100% sure if this method still applies to Skyrim but it's likely that it does.

Edited by Astymma, 16 March 2012 - 05:07 PM.

basvanbeu

basvanbeu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
@RAN46 Thanks for a great Mod

I have some questions
"Tri-file has vanilla-shape as Base-morph.
Morph-targets are edited bases vanilla-shape.
Morph-target means the difference between vanilla shape.
race-morph and chargen-morph apply difference to "femalehead.nif".
If Base-morph and headmesh are different., shape displayed is bankrupt. "

Ok so the HeadRace.tri is thus the Base-morph for the Chargen.tri. Changing the HeadRace.tri means that you also have to change the Chargen.tri if I am correct ?

I have tested your mod and seen that you only changed it for the humans so I guess you had to change the chargen.tri for humans aswell.

Ok lets say I wish modify the headshape of the DarkElf Male.

1:
How do I open HeadRaces.tri and in wich program ?
I tried with Asymmas tutorial but there is no .egm or .egt files in Skyrim. FaceGen, Nifskope, 3ds max doesn't really do that either.

2:
How do I differentiate between th races and only work with the Dark Elf settings ?

Astymma

Astymma

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
@basvanbeau
As far as I know there's never been a TRI file editor unless perhaps you own the full head editor from Singular Inversions in addition to FaceGen and I don't. However, a TRI file consists of a set of OBJ file fragments that are "diffs" from the base head mesh. Each fragment is a named block named according to the morph name. I'm fairly sure that if you have the name of a morph known, you can use Scanti's AddMorph utility still to replace the existing morph with a new one. Creating a new morph is a matter of using FaceGen with just the head NIF loaded (but I don't know if FaceGen will load a Skyrim head properly if it lacks egm and egt files) and exporting a designed facial expression or shape as an OBJ file to be used with AddMorph. I would imagine the same could be done with Blender but it seems to me that it would be an uglier process. The CharGen.tri and HeadRace.tri files contain different named Morphs. CharGen contains all the character creation slider morphs whereas HeadRace contains all the base racial morphs that set the head shape for each race. To change the shape of a head you will definitely need to change HeadRace but you may or may not need to tweak CharGen, depends greatly on how much of a base shape change you did to HeadRace.

Edited by Astymma, 02 April 2012 - 04:52 AM.

basvanbeu

basvanbeu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
ah thanks. Im checking up Scantis tools.
The thing I wish to do is to create one HeadRace.tri file for each of the races Morphs. Thus enabling the player to choose wich headmorph he wish without having an esp file loaded.

I just created a formlist with all races in it and custom headpart that point to the HeadRace.tri in another directory. Saved it to an .esm file. Then I made an .esp that sets the races to that headpart. Create a character, save , exit game, disable esp and reload.
It works. I tested it with RANs HeadRace and HeadChargen tri files. They stay :)

The hard part is however to know how to extract these OBJ file fragments. If I could extract them then I could use one of these and add it back under the different races names and in a such way create a HeadRace.tri that contains only one morph.

Scantis tools have a AddMorph utility but none to extract from a tri file

I was thinking on something like this

ExtractMorph <Input TRI file> <Output OBJ file with your morph> <The name of the morph to extract>

Edited by basvanbeu, 02 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

basvanbeu

basvanbeu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Have been fiddling around with scantis tools and the 010 hex editor. Found a tool that can export the morphs to .obj files. Then I used AddMorp in console to replace them to a different race.
It works, but only halfway somehow. I wonder why and what I can do about it. I loaded up some images so you can see the result.

http://skyrim.nexusm...ge.php?id=64794

I even tried to work from the head.nif file and add the objekt aswell as delete the NordRace Morph in tri file in 010 hex editor. However the result is the same blend

Edited by basvanbeu, 03 April 2012 - 12:44 AM.

gilgoon

gilgoon

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
It's awesome~! thank you :)

kibaistheman

kibaistheman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
@basvanbeu I recommend using blender v2.49 if you want to edit .tri files. Here is a tutorial on importing and exporting them: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14589 @RAN46 I'm trying to make changes to the CharGen to add new lip options, after I have added the new shapekey to the .tri file do I have to use the CK to make it available in the game?

RAN46

RAN46

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
@kibaistheman You must use CK for to appear new lips in your game. Set value [Gameplay > Settings... > iLipMorphCount] +1

Ronin4444

Ronin4444

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
what mod used to get the lips in the very 1st picture, showing the difference between nose type 41 and 42?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.104 seconds