Skyrim Pokemon

ofkings

I like the idea if you make it grim. Have the pokemons be slaves. Basically they should enslaved monsters and demons.

With your normal pokemon balls a whip or rod to beat the into submission should also be available. Failing to provide the needed control can result in the pokemon turning agains its wielder attacking and even killing him/her.

Well obviously these are just my horrible mind at work, but i dont find the cartoonish pokemon to be a good match for Skyrim.

I think it would be kind of cool if you could fly on a charizard XD

Some people could like this idea I guess.

I didn't think Charizard could learn Fly - one of those "Why the Hell can't he learn this?" things, like why can't Scyther learn Fly? :P

Then again, I've always thought Charizard should be Fire / Dragon, not Fire / Flying, or maybe they'll have triple-types next

generation, and make him a Fire / Flying / Dragon o_O

It's Fire/Flying because it was introduced in Gen One whereas the Dragon type was introduced in Gen Two.

I think it would be kind of cool if you could fly on a charizard XD

Some people could like this idea I guess.

I didn't think Charizard could learn Fly - one of those "Why the Hell can't he learn this?" things, like why can't Scyther learn Fly? :P

Then again, I've always thought Charizard should be Fire / Dragon, not Fire / Flying, or maybe they'll have triple-types next

generation, and make him a Fire / Flying / Dragon o_O

It's Fire/Flying because it was introduced in Gen One whereas the Dragon type was introduced in Gen Two.

If the Dragon type was introduced in Generation 2, then what was Dragonite?

The new types in Generation 2 (Gold/Silver) were Steel and Dark.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea if I'll ever have the time to pour into this, as it will require loads, but since Skyrim came out I've felt that this is the one game so far that would really work with a pokemon mod.

But if anyone's willing to throw a team together, I'll do what I can, which is sadly not much.

Some ideas:

Massively modular. TM.

151 pokemon, because screw you. Maybe 251 but SCREW that workload.

Option for cartoon, game, realistic modes:

Cartoon adds cartoon models, pokemon wandering the landscape, option for trainer battles in convo.

Pokemon judge what moves to use unless commanded. No weapons. Some scripted pokemon v human fights. No "Long Grass".

Game adds cartoon/realistic models, combat turn based, pokemon only do what they're told, "black out" when out of pokemon. No weapons.

No pokemon v human fights. Attacks act like they do in gba games, e.g.: String shot shows anim, lowers speed stat.

Realistic adds realistic pokemon models, basically badass mode. Weapons available. Pokemon can target humans, only can get blocked by pokemon.

If you act aggressively, you'll be a priority target over your little caterpie. Pokemon can die.

Dark. For example Numel "stores boiling hot magma in the hump on its back". Ouch.

No shinys.

Attacks similar to gba games, but will add obvious effects. e.g.: String shot shows anim, slows move + atk, maybe web overlay?

Option to have pokemon replace all animal life, or just to be added. Replace recommended. No animals in anime?

3 pokemon limit, too OP otherwise. Except for maybe in game mode, has to be considered anyway. Follower's 3 pokemon -> dual battles.

Legendaries roam the landscape, except where it makes sense for them to nest.

Divide pokemon appearances by Skyrim holds.

Add "ambient" pokemon- still catchable etc but for immersion. E.g.: Rattata in the ratways and towns, flocks of pidgey.

Option to nickname your pokemon when caught/ name rater. - chance of finding a named pokemon when released.

Trainer battles - create a time bubble at .00001 speed? Pause ai through scripts? only in arenas? Coc to an arena cell?

Random encounter trainers - levelled, mostly children, to reflect the classic weirdness. Strange people obsessed with clefairys, pokefans etc.

Transitions between different mod modes needs to be seamless.

Start the game with simply scavenged rocks, then eventually food acts as bait. This is your fallback equipment in cartoon/game mode. Also available in realistic, but can simply shoot a charizard =D

Perhaps mod the main quest. You are summoned by the greybeards (Are there four of them? THERE BETTER BE FOUR OF THEM!) to be the very best, better than all the rest.

Yada yada yada gotta catch em all, Alduin (An aerodactyl?) is driven mad by the Thalmor (Rockets), and is tainting other pokemon somehow (Dragonites, charizards, gyarados), and it falls to YOU to etc etc. Maybe after you take one down the "soul" you absorb is their evil skin, so they go back to being all nice n s***. In realistic mode they still dead. lol.

Rorikstead = Safari Zone.

Falkreath = Lavender.

Optional pokeball, pokecentre textures - TESV lore, magicka effects, or standard.

I thought Charizard was fire/flying because he's NOT A DRAGON >_> Pretty sure he's a pseudo dragon type like Gyarados...

On topic: Whether you're making it a total overhaul or just adding a new zone with the pokemon it would be a long time before it sees the light of day...it would be hard finding a team that would have that sort of dedication. Not to mention as much as I still love pikachu I'm not sure if I want to see chu in 3D form again...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What if someone took the Charizard model from Brawl (which is very easily obtainable at this point) and stretched it over the dragons?

i mean yes, it'd be distorted, but if its half as epic as macho dragon ended up being id still love it.

easily grab some sound clips from the anime too.

pokemon background music for dragons already exists as its own mod.