Can't See Underwater

Symphogear

I am also having this problem.

Open the console by pressing ~ or whatever your keyboard uses in its place.

Type the following command: tws

This toggles the water system on and off.

Type it again to return the water to normal.

It is like swimming through air, but if you have a quest that requires an underwater retrieval -- this will get you through it.

It's absolutely horrible and completely destroys any immersion, but it works.

Hopefully heads will be removed from butts and this issue will be resolved quickly (with an official hot fix).

Also, if anyone is experiencing a missing sun -- the console command ts (toggle sky) used outdoors will bring it back to life. Turn it off and then on again and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I installed this mod last night.

[http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13268]

Not only does it appear to be a fix for the gray-screening, but it is an absolutely epic modification in and of itself. A great big thank you to OpticShooter and all those involved.

ADD EDIT: The mod only temporarily fixed the issue in one place. Still have it everywhere else. No worries, though. I'll wait and continue to love my ENB effects. >:P

Edited by UltimateModding

I too am getting these annoying bugs with the release of 1.5. Someone mentioned to fix the weird shadows on grass (see string below). I don’t know if it works yet. I will try it when I get home. I don’t know how to fix the water though.

Thanks for the “tws” tip!! That will have to due until a fix is released. Playing with vanilla is NOT an option after playing with http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5138

#3. Viking1962

(21.03.2012 - 00:01) quote

there is other problems too with 1.5. I have some almost invisible crap on screen in the wilderness only. I starting to hate Bethesda, they are incapable to fix problems. They add more problems

#2. fragkia

(20.03.2012 - 23:41) quote

Yep!I don't know if it's ATI driver problem or Bethesda patch problem.....Artifacts all over the place.I turned off all mods and still...withe the hi-res textures the game wouldn't even load (I have a 5870 and intel quadcore 6600).

#3. Viking1962

(21.03.2012 - 00:01) quote

I also have a AMD 5870 card. Cannot be the driver. There is no problem with the 1.4.27 patch

#5. Nik

(21.03.2012 - 01:26) quote

@viking the problem you're describing can be fixed by going into your skyrimprefs.ini and setting bdrawlandshadows to 1.

I've got 2 7970s in crossfire and I get the green screen of nothing underwater. The TWS command works for completing quests, or I can turn off ENB. Crossfire doesn't like Skyrim much to begin with and I can run it on Ultra with mods no problem on a single card, which is usually what I do anyway for Skyrim.

At any rate, It's a conflict between 1.5 and ENB. Personally, I'd rather just use TWS than go back to the vanilla textures for water. I'm hoping for a fix, but I'll live without one, as there isn't much to the underwater areas of Skyrim anyway. Waterbreathing is far less useful than Oblivion or Morrowind to begin with, and I can only think of about three quests where you need to swim, the Quill for Riften, getting the Balmora Blue from the docks in Solitude, and the one fort with the entrance in the lake beside it. Aside from a few junk chests and some short swims through an underwater tunnel or two in a couple of dungeons that's pretty much it anyway. There's nothing I can really think of that is mandatory underwater in Skyrim to begin with, it's all optional stuff with relatively minor rewards.

It's annoying, but hardly game breaking. I think I can deal with it until a fix comes out from either end.

Edited by CONTRABARDUS

Well, the magic update fairy has visited in the night, and the problem is now gone. Everything looks right underwater for me again, and I've done nothing to anything. Hooray for doing nothing! It's worked yet again! Surprising how often that works, isn't it?

Problem remains for me. Update still at 1.5.24.0.5, 18 Mar 12.

May have to remove ENB files based on suggestions here. I wonder if Boris can fix this with an update of his own?

Removing the d3d9.dll file does indeed fix the problem.

Edited by dementia5

• 2 weeks later...