I can't believe my eyes

Deleted252610User

I just can't believe what I am reading.... I'm nonplussed. My mods are gone from here.. They won't be back.. EVER.

You will not insult me,little boy.. My sons are older! Have some respect and clean that mouth of yours!

I just can't believe what I am reading! I never came here and asked for help about your retarded popup ads until they becamE so MUCH THAT I WAS AFRAID TO EVEN COME TO YOUR SITE!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU GET THAT???????????????

I HOPE YOU DO I really hope you do.. Little boy...

Because Spirited Treasure has left the building!

http://www.blacktreegaming.com/2007/11/10/...lthy-scum-bags/

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...48159&st=80

I just can't believe what I am reading.... I'm nonplussed. My mods are gone from here.. They won't be back.. EVER.

You will not insult me,little boy.. My sons are older! Have some respect and clean that mouth of yours!

I just can't believe what I am reading! I never came here and asked for help about your retarded popup ads until they becamE so MUCH THAT I WAS AFRAID TO EVEN COME TO YOUR SITE!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU GET THAT???????????????

Because Spirited Treasure has left the building!

http://www.blacktreegaming.com/2007/11/10/...lthy-scum-bags/

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...48159&st=80

Geez... That honestly doesn't seem like some thing Dark0ne (Robin) would write... Someone should let him know about this...

As for your mods, I am sorry to hear that. Will you be hosting them at any other sites?

This thread had a positive point to me, I realized I "was" blocking the adverts.

Yes, as a rule I block then in every new site I enter. So, after a time If I see that site is good and positive and I like it, so I open the blocks so to help albeit a bit it's maintaining.

Of course I keep an eye in what is being done, and if I detect abuse I just close it again. For abuse I understand malicious or spamming issues. And even click the adverts I deem will not harm me (not so easy know a priori, maybe, but...).

I don't think this kind of things in terms of legals or rights, I see then under the optic of justice and fairness. Maintaining a site like this, with all those high bandwidth servers is COSTLY to say the least. If one for some reason doesn't take a premium account, will do no harm to the site owner helping him another way.

Maybe not everyone can know what will harm him, it's good police being careful on the Internet. To the one that can't judge by himself the potential dangers the better way is 'behold' ... if one site is running with so many people, for so many time, with so few complaints; chances are it is so safe as something over the net can be.

Edit PS: Forgot to mention the human work in this too. If a site like this one wields some bucks to the owner, staff or anyone else, just better yet ( I simply can't imagine this being a problem, even 'IF' such occurs)

Vagrant0 touched the real only 'danger' in this issue, since the control of the ads aren't direct. And touched too in the only and correct way to treat it, human control that will bettering the filters as need.

It's Dark0ne's site, so what they do with it is largely up to them. Quite frankly, I'm not seeing where you have any grounds to complain. Despite being a non-paying member myself, and not using any overagressive adblockers, I havn't noticed any issues with ads. If anything, the ads on the site have actually gotten less abnoxious and generally damaging. Which in my eyes, means that some efforts have been made to make using the site possible for everyone. If people decide that they don't want any ads, what so ever, then it is perfectly understandable that their ability to use the site should be diminished. Afterall, those ads help keep the site alive, and if you aren't seeing them, you are essentially just using up bandwidth. Like the rest of the internet, Dark0ne has little control over what ads are actually being shown, and in all liklihood, any malignant ads which you are seeing could be due to software on your computer, not anything that is present on the site. Additionally, on those rare cases where a problematic ad does show up, Dark0ne has taken steps to replace them with something less problematic. Ads are a fact of life on the internet, just like television, movies, a drive of any significant distance, or between the pages of many textbooks. You can either fight them, or like the rest of us, learned to see them, but still mostly ignore them.

Trust me, there are many other sites which are not as concerned about the safety of ads as the Nexus is. If a few ads are too much for you, you might as well go find a cardboard box to live in.

It's Dark0ne's site, so what they do with it is largely up to them. Quite frankly, I'm not seeing where you have any grounds to complain. Despite being a non-paying member myself, and not using any overagressive adblockers, I havn't noticed any issues with ads. If anything, the ads on the site have actually gotten less abnoxious and generally damaging. Which in my eyes, means that some efforts have been made to make using the site possible for everyone. If people decide that they don't want any ads, what so ever, then it is perfectly understandable that their ability to use the site should be diminished. Afterall, those ads help keep the site alive, and if you aren't seeing them, you are essentially just using up bandwidth. Like the rest of the internet, Dark0ne has little control over what ads are actually being shown, and in all liklihood, any malignant ads which you are seeing could be due to software on your computer, not anything that is present on the site. Additionally, on those rare cases where a problematic ad does show up, Dark0ne has taken steps to replace them with something less problematic. Ads are a fact of life on the internet, just like television, movies, a drive of any significant distance, or between the pages of many textbooks. You can either fight them, or like the rest of us, learned to see them, but still mostly ignore them.

Trust me, there are many other sites which are not as concerned about the safety of ads as the Nexus is. If a few ads are too much for you, you might as well go find a cardboard box to live in.

I fully agree here with Vagrant0. Ads are what finance this site, and with no ads, there would be no TesNexus.

Basically, if you want to use the site, but don't want to see ads, then pay the subscription fees.

While I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points about ads, the ads thing was *not* the point of the post. Re-read it. Spirited Treasure was objecting to being called "scum"; objecting to the language & overall tone of the post on blacktreegaming. That was the thing that drove this modder to pull mods, perhaps on top of frustration with ads, but if I'm reading the post right, almost entirely because of that inflammatory post on blacktreegaming.

While I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points about ads, the ads thing was *not* the point of the post. Re-read it. Spirited Treasure was objecting to being called "scum"; objecting to the language & overall tone of the post on blacktreegaming. That was the thing that drove this modder to pull mods, perhaps on top of frustration with ads, but if I'm reading the post right, almost entirely because of that inflammatory post on blacktreegaming.

Post was made back in December, it's a little late to get all bent out of shape over it. And, it's a personal blogsite. Are we supposed to filter out whatever poison we may be spitting in whatever personal corner we happen to have online because someone, somewhere might get offended by it? I know, nothing online is actually personal, but as far as things go, blogs are about as personal as they come. They are a place for us to speak our mind about the world, and let our thoughts be heard. The important thing is not what is said there, but rather how little of it makes its way here.

I'm sorry Spirited Treasure feels this way and resorted to using personal attacks but I get the feeling that he/she was looking for any excuse to leave. In a prior posting in this same section, was the same person "threatening" to pull down mods and leave because the site kept spamming with multiple ads. The issue was later addressed and pointed out that the site is "smart" about display ads and reduces the amount based on when it last sent you an ad by using cookies. Said member blocked and cleaned cookies on a regular basis, thus amplifying / causing the reported problem but waited until emotions were extremely high before reporting the issue. Summary: Personal problem caused by self.

Here we are again but getting all offended about the word "scum" being used on a personal web log (blog) where Dark0ne chooses to vent his frustration and it was obvious that he meant it in a humorous, although poddy-mouth, way. The whole 1st paragraph was humor and mentioned that he and everyone else is scum for various reasons. The title should have been a clear indication that the contents were going to have elements of humor and frustration. Again, this was a personal blog, not a press release on TESNexus. Regarding respect: You have to earn respect before you get respect and in this situation (a webmaster facing serious operational costs), the people not getting "respect" are the ones not giving respect by cutting off his means to run the site.

I sickens me deeply that people who refuse to spend $3 a month or a flat fee for lifetime membership will get bent all out of shape if Dark0ne or any staff member shows any sign of emotion, has a hair out of place on their head or does not cater to every request / demand. I don't know of many places that will host your file indefinitely (rather than auto-deleted after 30 days of inactivity) without requiring a paid subscription. I also don't know of ANY web site that caters to the needs of mod authors or the players as much as TESNexus. As a content management system, it is extremely difficult to find a better solution and I simply have not seen one in the TES community.

Before jumping on Dark0ne's back and beating him over the head with a spiked club, think about hosting a site like this yourself and being willing to spend quite a bit more than $3 per month to run it. For a couple of months there, he was paying ALL of the bills and I don't think Dark0ne has said he ever came out on top where he is making a profit. Every single dollar that comes in on this site is spent on this site.

I make $75 per hour doing contract work and the amount of free time I spent helping this community and improve the experience on this site has to be mind boggling but it pales in comparison to the amount of time Dark0ne has invested in this community.

You might also think about what it would be like if Dark0ne took offense to what somebody says on a personal blog, other forums, youtube, etc. and then decided to shutdown TESNexus and move on. Does this sound childish and irresponsible if Dark0ne decided to do this? If so, why should it be any different for him than anyone else in this community? Dark0ne is not some kind of superman that can take a beating day after day and not feel any pain. I'm not trying to start a campaign for Dark0ne but it would be nice to see more things put into perspective rather than a magnifying lens.

End of discussion.

LHammonds

Most of the articles I write on my blog are semi tongue-in-cheek; articles with a serious message wrapped in a coil of self-parody, sarcasm and cynism that is in-tune with my vocal humour. If you do not catch that then I guess the joke is on you. Towards the end where I say:

Instead I’m going to take the high-ground and avoid all the name calling and hype phrases and get to the point

Is a pretty clear indication of this after spending the last few paragraphs in an extremely prejudice rant, laying in to people I don't know. Indeed in the previous line I go so far as asiding an insult.

My blog site is personal to me and I simply use it to vent and practice various writing styles and receive feedback from friends and colleagues over the internet. For example look at my Hellgate review; it's daft but sometimes I just like to rant for ranting's sake.

It cuts deep :(

Edit: unlocked the thread so we don't look like meanies who like to lock threads that are mean about us! ;)

Running a site like this is not cheap. You either pay for it through looking at the adds or pay for it by buying a membership. I chose the membership. I believe it to be a worthwhile choice. I did see the humor in the rant. As I do the same thing myself. But I never post my rants.

Archived