Did you betray amaud motierre after DB questline is finished?

CODWAFFLE

I found the whole late half of the skyrim DB questline to be full of oblivion references such as amaud motierre ( a descendant of francois, the man you pretended to assassinate in oblivion to save his life and get him out of the reach of some criminal organization he owed money to) and then there is the part on the katariah where you enter the emperors cabin and he tells you all about how he won't resist and it is his destiny to die at the hands of an assassin (you) just as emperor uriel septim Vll once said to you in the beginning of oblivion 200 years earlier ( except you were not his killer). Then he tells you of how he fears the motierres might misuse they're power if they became a dynasty and wants you to kill amaud after killing him, this is his dying wish.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did because of three reasons

1. motierre was really a D-bag sending the brotherhood after a dying emperor just to get power. screw him

2. the emperor i saw was weak, old and feeble. i thought he deserved to have a last wish.

3. everybody who knew about me killing the emperor was motierre. destroy witnesses!

To a DB assassin, a job is a job - there's no rule about who can or cannot hire you. The Emperor hired me the same as Motierre did - so I finished the contract.

The Emperor didn't/couldn't pay you, though (not without mods, anyway). Money is part of the Black Sacrament. Although, if you pickpocket Motierre instead of killing him, it's a good way to train your pickpocket skill, apparently.

I wanted the emporer to live to be honest. I'd rather kill motierre and accept payment from the emperor in exchange have that guy who was in charge of killing the HQ publicly executed (assuming you didnt kill him at the docks already) :P

The Emperor didn't/couldn't pay you, though (not without mods, anyway). Money is part of the Black Sacrament. Although, if you pickpocket Motierre instead of killing him, it's a good way to train your pickpocket skill, apparently.

Take payment in the form of the various items in the Emperor's rooms onboard, if you find the right things in there and can carry enough it makes for a small, but earned payment.

Just call it a 'work and travel' expenses payment for the funding to go after Mottierre as an unexpected request trip to tie up a loose end or two (Rex as well, since he knows about the matter).