skyrim getting boring

gengar807

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played it it through once and I my imagination had to work overtime to get me through to the end, I started to get bored about half way through, can't see I'll play it again, even the mods don't inspire me to want to play it again.

Glad I'm not the only one finding Skyrim a little tiring. What's strange is that it only really took me about 60-70 hours to get sick of it but with Oblivion I clocked in around 200 hours without getting remotely bored and that was just the xbox version.

I'm not sure why but I enjoyed Oblivion significantly more than I have Skyrim which really kinda bothers me because Skyrim is definitely a "better" game in almost every way but it is no where near as enjoyable. Skyrim misses that illusive "X Factor" that the very best games seem to have. Odd. I wish I could pin it down.

Edited by apecallum

I get tired of all games eventually and move on to something else. Haven't gotten bored with Skyrim yet though. It's bound to happen sometime.

Oblivion does seem better to me and ive Never experienced such Bugs from that Game like Skyrim.

The Companions/Thieves/Collage/Nightmother Always send me to Repetitive places, yet im Done with the Game, but there are Many Places i could go that i havent been to yet, but Nobody sends me there, even Arngier doesent give me Word Wall Locations and i just need 2 more. Wheres the Courier.

Edited by daventry

i feel the same way for about all of you.....do you know what also bothers me, is that skyrim guilds are sooo short its not even funny..i mean it took my longer in oblivion just to get all of the recommendations for the mages guild and in the time it took me to get those is about the same amount time i beat the mages guild in skyrim...never mind the horrible story line for the mg in skyrim. Edited by gengar807

It hasn't bored me, but that's probably because I was careful not to have any hype, and to wait for a lot of good mods and fixes before playing seriously.

As for what Oblivion had that Skyrim doesn't, I think a lot of it is related to small immersion-breakers and annoyances (which I got rid of before playing my first serious profile). For example, swords are more unsteady in Skyrim, and the UI is pure lunacy for a PC game, even compared to Oblivion's. In Oblivion I could make poisons everywhere, so that made playing an alchemist/assassin hybrid feel more natural. (there's a mod for it now :tongue: ) Oblivion's quests also didn't require much backtracking or travel, making them less tedious to turn in. Half the time in Skyrim I don't feel like backtracking to turn in a quest because I know how it's going to turn out and I could care less whether I get a ****** enchanted iron shield as a reward. In short, Oblivion was easier to play. Not 'easier' in combat difficulty, but simply easier to play in general, with fewer annoyances. Minor annoyances like that really add up when you're not paying attention.

Like I said though, mods have already been made available to fix most of those issues.

Edited by Rennn