skyrim getting boring

gengar807

most of the things you say is very true..BUT...when i was talking about skyrim i didnt mean it with mods becasue i have it for console and with the two games compared without mods i would play oblivion which is actually tough for me to say that becasue iv played oblvion for like 4 years and ik the game inside and out...(ik you really didnt talk about skyrim with mods that much but when you said theres a mod so you could be a alchemist/assassin i just had to say that)...you have a really good response though so ty :) Edited by gengar807

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought all along that Bethesda really missed an opportunity to make Skyrim a contender for best game ever. Quests are boring, choices have little or no consequences and many of the skill improvement tasks start to feel pretty mundane. I never played Oblivion so I can't compare it to that but I did play FO3 and FONV. I think both were much more immersive and had a lot more substance. Yes, if I had to put my finger on something I would say Skyrim lacks substance. I think I was hoping for Baldur's Gate I and II with awesome graphics/scenery but all I got was the scenery. I'm still playing Skyrim and will finish it. Probably more than once... but only because of the mods. The scenery must still be enough for me and I haven't seen a lot of it yet.

Skyrim is the best game ever created. That being said, of course you'll get tired of it eventually. C'mon people! Common sense is a forgotten art.

Not bored yet, but i do play oblivion a lot sometimes so i do know there definately is soemthing oblivion has that skyrim doesn't...

Maybe its the feeling? Whenever i play oblivion i feel nostalgic, i have had so many good times on Oblivion these past few years. I loved developing my character's story, and i loved playing all the other quest mods out there and having a GREAT adventure :D.

Oblivion will always have a place in my heart... (with morrowind closely beside it).

personally i think oblivion is better...i dont have skyrim for the computer but for console i do and skyrim just gets boring..idk why but it feels like its missing something that oblvion has

It's called depth. Skyrim tries to be simultaneously deep and simple at the same time. It nails the latter but not the former. Many of its additions are superficial and simply don't manage to cover up what has been stripped away. What you're left with is a game that, while big, doesn't have the replayability factor of the earlier titles for a few reasons which aren't necessary to get into. If you're bored with the game you probably already know what they are.

It also probably has to do with your tolerance of running a bajillion dungeons. I play Wow too so it's 2nd nature. My brother, however, thinks they are the scourge of gaming and after the first like, 10, declared he despised dungeon crawling in syrim. He also clocked many hundreds of hours in morrowind and oblivion.

Mods are on the way, they just gimped us with a release of the CK waaay after the game... Back in my day(lawl) they released morrowind with the construction kit in the SAME CD CASE!!! zomg what a crazy idea lol