skyrim getting boring

gengar807

I hate to say it but I am bored of Skyrim as well. I looked forward to it for ages, bought a new graphics card for it, but it just doesn't come close to giving me the same 'buzz' that Oblivion game me...the problem is I can't for the life of me say why! :confused:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with most everyone else, it is a great game, no doubt, its got some real epic moments, i love the all the various followers and the world is really cool, but it does lack depth in a lot of areas...its still one of the best games i ever played, i did play it for 3 months straight, after the dlc i'll prob go back to it for a while and see how that works out but for now i'm playing deus ex, crysis 2 and waiting for sniper elite v2 and sniper 2 ghost warrior along with GRAW...but i love bethesda games and am looking forward to FO4. Edited by arcanewizard

I've played different charcters and styles to keep it intresting, 409hrs now. Mods helped a lot, thanks modders!!!

One thing for sure, I would really like to play Oblivion using the Skyrim graphics and realism. Oblivion x Skyrim = Best game ever.

Put some Mass Effect decisions and depth into the mix and you are good to go :D

I think that Oblivion just had its dreamy near perfect setting. The nordic, cold setting of Skyrim is not for everybody.

I personally prefer Skyrim by far. I like the setting much more than Oblivion's and on top of that it just looks gorgeous! It really lacks depth, or substance as someone else said, but thank god we have mods ;)

I'm pretty sure that we will see these in the major questmods, maybe in some of the smaller ones too, and if Bethesda is able to produce something with the glory of the shivering isles I'm looking forward to the future bigger DLCs.

-Cowoner

Yeah, strangely true.

Don't know how many of you played Morrowind, but it's quite interesting how the series developed. Morrowind was immersion pure - there was always something else to be done or something more to be achieved. But the gameplay was excruciatingly annoying. Seriously. Walking somewhere for hours being tormented by 1430 cliff racers on the way and the worst possible menu were just a few of the things you had to endure. But still the game was epic.

In Oblivion and Skyrim they really got the gameplay working - with some downsides as well of course, but overall a huge improvement. But for some reason, the immersion got a little lost on the way.

Lets hope they find it soon.