skyrim getting boring

gengar807

i never played morrowind but i heard it was really good besides the graphics...and yeah i do like skyrim just not really as much as oblivion

Yeah, Morrowind and even Daggerfall make Oblivion and Skyrim look like a Bioware game. That's how in depth the previous games were, and how watered and dumbed down they made Ob and Sky.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I am really bored with Skyrim. I have probably logged more CK hours than I have logged Skyrim hours.

I guess these are some of my gripes:

(1) Short questlines.

(2) Don't like the cold monotonous scenery.

(3) Don't like the incessant violence.

(4) Don't like the gore. (These Bethesda folks got stuck in a rut with Fallout 3. Now they think that all the bad guys are cannibals/torturers/sadists/vivisectionists/necromancers/serial killers/desecrators .ect. So every single dungeon must be chock full of blood spatters, body parts, bones, torture tools, inhumanely small cages, corpses, etc.)

Just be patient, Skyrim is a new game, i have also player to oblivion but for the first year there wasn't a lot of mod after the first year when the modders has knowed deeply the engine and the CK a lot of beautiful mods are come out, now oblivion is full of beautiful mod, but the game was created 6 years ago, just let the modders had time, there were a lot of good project around ;)

Skyrim lacks depth.

Quests are generally basic and straightforward.

Combat is repetitive and lacks need for novel strategy.

All characters generally play the same.

Neither "side" in the civil war was particularly like-able. Most of the characters were not memorable.

The daedric quests are short and affect nothing.

Ripping the stats out of the game was a design mistake.

Basically Bethesda dumbed the series down to the point where it's click-to-win. People started complaining about that in Oblivion but now it's readily apparent. I didn't even like Morrowind, so I'm not exactly a purist here.

That's my opinion after about 150 hours invested.

It's a pretty game but it doesn't have any brains. I got my money's worth though. I'm adding a lot of mods now in hopes it will make the game interesting again. Maybe I just need to take a break and do something else.

Games like TES and Fallout usually grab me for about two weeks, then I just play them now and again. Skyrim didn't even grab me for a week, but I try to play it occasionally to get my moneys worth. I'm not sure if I'm just bored with the formula of these games or it's something to do with the terrain. Both Skyrim and New Vegas feature mountains, which I find ruins the exploration element. In Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I just felt free to go off in any direction without any obstructions.

I haven't played Oblivion, so I don't have that to compare to. It has started to get a bit boring and repetitive, it seems most of the missions are in underground cave dungeons that all look similar and majority of enemies are draugrs, necromancers, or fur-wearing bandits. The Legion missions were a nice change because they took place above ground.

I have a pretty good tolerance for boring though, even the repetitiveness and predictability of underground cave dungeons is more interesting than what I did with my free time pre-Skyrim.

For me it has also become somewhat boring.

I came onto the TES scene rather late in Oblivion, starting out on the PS3 with Oblivion. I was addicted to it. Then I got it for the PC for the mods and never looked back. I really love my heavily modded Oblivion. Skyrim was nice at first, basically because the graphics are better, but I also enjoyed the crafting/smithing and a few other things about the game (although I was highly skeptical before the game came out). However, I slowly began to find the environment depressing and the gameplay/quests quite repetitive. It simply got old too quickly. I think there is a lack of depth to the game that the mods have not yet had the time (and possibly the tools) to make up for. I hope that maybe in a year or so I can look back on this moment and smile, while enjoying some really great mods for the game, but for now I am becoming quite bored with it.

the truth is that i have skyrim for console so i cant really add mods to it...

and im talking about vanilla skyrim getting boring...can some of you people list what kind of mods you want modders to make for the game to get better, becasue iv been hearing a lot of you saying when a lot of mods come out for skyrim its going to get better

also iv realized that they took a lot of creatures out of skyrim that was in oblivion, and some of them would have fit in the game really well such as a minotaur or ogres...

Edited by gengar807