Pipe Smoking

LeTissier

Hi there!

I would like to request a pipe smoking mod.

There was one for Oblivion and i thought that it was great for the game in general since people grew tobacco plants there were bound to be smoking the stuff!

Since Skyrim is set several centuries after the Oblivion crisis there should be pipe smoking in Skyrim as well at least for the higher class people since trading for it should have been quite expensive.

I suggest Lotr style pipe e.g "long pipes" and perhaps modern pipes e.g smaller and straight pipes.

Thanks for any replies! :)

If different, ornate pipe designs with are made alongside a display case of some kind they could turn into collectibles. Also, rather than regular pipes, khajiit caravans should sell and use hookahs (while still having the occasional pipe for sale).

If different, ornate pipe designs with are made alongside a display case of some kind they could turn into collectibles. Also, rather than regular pipes, khajiit caravans should sell and use hookahs (while still having the occasional pipe for sale).

I like the way you think old chap!

You could have the more expensive pipes with ornaments and some cheaper just perhaps wooden pipes.

You could have the more expensive pipes with ornaments and some cheaper just perhaps wooden pipes.

Or antler (http://doctor-gus.deviantart.com/art/antler-pipe-67126620?q=boost%3Apopular%20in%3Aartisan%2Fwoodworking%20pipe&qo=37) or perhaps bone since many people in Skyrim hunts. It's all about available materials and imagination.

Or antler (http://doctor-gus.deviantart.com/art/antler-pipe-67126620?q=boost%3Apopular%20in%3Aartisan%2Fwoodworking%20pipe&qo=37) or perhaps bone since many people in Skyrim hunts. It's all about available materials and imagination.

A new skill/perk perhaps? like smiting jewellery I mean :)

It's probably not a good idea. Since pipes lack a practical use, making them craftable would defeat much of the fun in having them as collectibles.

I was thinking for sale, a way to earn money. 1 firewood + 1 large antler = your pipe! :D

But i still think you should be able to smoke it, someone should be able to create a simple animation for it i think.

Edited by LeTissier

• 2 weeks later...
I mentioned this shortly after the CK release. As an avid pipe smoker myself, I would love to see a couple of different styles. Wooden, bone, and antler pipes are duly fitting in the setting. I agree with the OP that there should be Churchwarden styled ones (the ones with the long shank and stem) as well as a few more traditional Viking looking ones. In fact, there is a brand of pipes called Viking, and they look very fitting into the land of Skyrim.