Pipe Smoking

LeTissier

I like what you are thinking! The hookah pipe would be VERY good for redguard and khajiit, and the pipe would be excellent for ages and people in the thieves guild. Imagine mercer frey with a pipe. That would explain the raspy voice :sick: It would also be good if you could become addicted to it, like in Fallout 3/New Vegas (and possibly other fallout games. Never played the series :wink: ) I think that sooner or later someone should make a pipe mod, as this would be very immersive, if not slightly wrong (Walter raleigh brought tobacco to Britain in the 1500s. :geek: )

• 1 month later...

I like what you are thinking! The hookah pipe would be VERY good for redguard and khajiit, and the pipe would be excellent for ages and people in the thieves guild. Imagine mercer frey with a pipe. That would explain the raspy voice :sick: It would also be good if you could become addicted to it, like in Fallout 3/New Vegas (and possibly other fallout games. Never played the series :wink: ) I think that sooner or later someone should make a pipe mod, as this would be very immersive, if not slightly wrong (Walter raleigh brought tobacco to Britain in the 1500s. :geek: )

That would be very nice and would make Skyrim more realistic instead of all that drinking. When these exotic mods get made we really need to get them endorsed. We need more life instead of inventory. That's all I've been seeing now and days is all about inventory, re-texturing, and less stories.

We need more stories and more detail of realism. I will personally love to see a pipe smoking mod.

• 3 months later...

I keep posting this every time I see a "pipe smoking" thread come up. Have any of you tried Cannabis Skyrim?

There's no custom pipe-smoking animation, but you can carve pipes out of gourds and wood, make ornate glass water pipes, grow your own herbs, and smoke them rolled up or from one of your handcrafted pipes.

Edit: Apparently all smoking devices have some sort of animation as of the latest version.

Edited by Dudeman325

I keep posting this every time I see a "pipe smoking" thread come up. Have any of you tried Cannabis Skyrim?

There's no custom pipe-smoking animation, but you can carve pipes out of gourds and wood, make ornate glass water pipes, grow your own herbs, and smoke them rolled up or from one of your handcrafted pipes.

Edit: Apparently all smoking devices have some sort of animation as of the latest version.

Well i'm just talking about ordinary tobacco pipes not some Cannabis Hookah :P

I think I saw your reply on another thread after bumping this. While I don't have a problem with cannabis and such, it's not me. They did a good job but I'd rather just not have all of that in my game. All I want is a simple wooden pipe as if my character were just smoking tobacco or something. Thanks for posting that here, anyways. I'm sure it suits many other quite well. Like I said, just not for me, though.

Fair enough I suppose, although you can always turn the "smoking effects" off, then the smoking / plants are almost no different from tobacco other than a very close inspection of the plant models.

I think with enough suggestions, MadNuttah might be convinced to make a tobacco version of the mod, and everyone would be happy.

Fair enough I suppose, although you can always turn the "smoking effects" off, then the smoking / plants are almost no different from tobacco other than a very close inspection of the plant models.

I think with enough suggestions, MadNuttah might be convinced to make a tobacco version of the mod, and everyone would be happy.

Yeah. I was just thinking about asking. Doesn't hurt.

And I don't even think the actual plants would bother me very much at all, it's the "Your Highness" shops/signs that really turn me off to it.

I could see that. I hate to keep pushing the mod, but it is rather well done, and my experiences with it show that you only need to visit the shop once to get your initial supplies, and even that can be bypassed with a little clever use of the "help" and "player.additem" console commands. Edited by Dudeman325