Ok, I officially hate the shivering isles bit...

DaveTheRedd

When I role-play, I am invariably the "good guy", As such, I would never want to torture anyone, nor kill basically innocent, (though crazy) people. It sort of goes against my whole "paladin" creed. This is just a rant, and I know I don't actually have to play the shivering isles plug-in, and yes it's just a game, but I like the role playing aspect, it makes it more fun for me when I can make choices I would, in fact, make in real life given the chance.

At least in the oblivion realm the bad guys are truly bad guys, and have the whole "destroy tamriel and mortals" persona. Most of the people on the shivering isles are just crazy and in serious need of a healer, lol.

To get through the main quest one has to torture people, kill basically innocent creatures who are minding their own business, and I just wish there were a third option on the play through.

OK, end of rant, lol.

ps. sorry about some of the spelling.

You can use a cheat code to set a quest as complete, which is sort of a solution if you don't want to torture NPCs. You'll need to do a bit of online research; 'completequest' should complete the current quest, but I don't know offhand if that would jump over too many stages in the game. Make a savegame before doing anything drastic, obviously ;)

That's true I suppose, setstage works too, but I was more ranting about the limited options. As it is the Madgod's realm, I suppose I have to accept what choices there are, was just a bit of role-player's angst. :tongue:

• 1 month later...
If you get the mod Muffinshare you can get the npcs to commit 'suicide' by wearing the Blackwood Ring of Silence.

Remember, Sheogorath is 'Emporer Palpatine' and you are 'Anikin Skywalker' imperceptibly turning to the 'dark side' in the land of the mad.