43 replies to this topic

Paxan_1

Paxan_1

Nexus Blondie

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
Hi Guys,

same for me. I have F3, NV and Skyrim but i dont won Oblivion. Now NMM is searching (and i have 3TB of HDD Space...). A cancel search button would be really great :thumbsup:

Sarah

Wideload

Wideload

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well i have FNV, Skyrim & Oblivion. It's searching for a game i don't have, if anything it should just let you manually search for it and add it to your game list, rather than it auto-searching for a game that i don't have.

Although it's a nice idea, it's a little frustrating.

misthero

misthero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have to agree, autosearch is nice, but there should be an option for each game:

Do you have "game name here" installed? YES/NO
|
|_____ if (YES): Do you want NMM to auto search for the installation folder? yes/no
| |
| |_____ if (yes): start autosearch
| |_____ if (no): enter folder path manually or click BROWSE button and locate it manually
|
|
|_____ if (NO): skip autosearch completely for that game and consider the game not installed / go to next question.

Next Question:

Do you have "game name here" installed? yes/no ... etc..

------------

during autosearch always give an option to pause/stop/skip and enter manually.

:psyduck:

Edited by misthero, 20 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

diamok

diamok

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
Although a cancel button is a way to go with this, I would rather see the "forced" scan be removed altogether...or at least give us an option to scan "before" the program arbitrarily takes over our computer.

I am computer savvy, I know what goes on with my comp and how to tell another program where installed programs are, the option to allow me and those of us to do so should be presented, again, "before" an auto scan is initiated. If someone does not know much about stuff like this, they can "choose" to perform a scan and let the manager do the leg work for them.

Take care,

Slushpuppiet

Slushpuppiet

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yeah, definitely needs to be a button to start the search or something if it doesn't find it in the first 10 seconds. It also probably shouldn't branch past the common folder for steam games. I'm not aware of anyone that puts non-game sub-directories in the common folder?

yellowalienbaby

yellowalienbaby

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Bad Idea :( I currently can't use NMM because it raises an exception: The specified path, file name or both are too long. It doesn't give the path, but it's occurring as it's trying to find copies of the two games I don't have. After that NMM stops working...

Therathe

Therathe

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts
There is absolutely no reason, not 1, that you need to search my hard drive. Look for Default Installation points for the games and then Ask me if I have it installed in another location.

The fact that NMM is going through my hard drive and any mapped network drives is unnecessary and frankly is highly suspect. There not being any warning and no way to end the search makes it even worse. I for one will not use NMM until it is removed.

Teh_Crazeh

Teh_Crazeh

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It took mine about fifteen minutes of not touching it to finish not finding the games I don't have installed (I only have Skyrim atm). It worked just fine, but it took forever trying to search for games I don't play anymore.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,843 posts
Kaburke tells me the latest revision of NMM now has a cancel button. Can people confirm as I have all the games installed and ergo it works instantly for me.

Badger120

Badger120

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just updated to the latest release and got to see the Auto-search function. I do NOT like it at all! Where is the possibility to cancel search for games I know I do not have? The search have been going on for almost an hour now, searching even my mapped network-drives. A simple "cancel" button or a "don't search for this game as I don't have it" would be nice.

How do I download the older version? The one without the dreaded "auto-search" function?

Page loaded in: 1.357 seconds