Photo

How often does your Steam Sync and how long does it take?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

HauntedShores

HauntedShores

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
everytime, wheter I just go into the main menu of the game or playing couple of hours, once I exit the game steam starts syncing.
the sync takes about 20-30 minutes with arround 350kb/s. it does it everytime. its kinda frustrating.

am I doing something wrong?

Staind716

Staind716

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
I disabled the Steam sync the moment they started it. Nothing but an aggravation to me. You don't need it unless you are playing on more than one pc.

daventry

daventry

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts
How or where do i switch it off, it annoys the Hell out of me

HauntedShores

HauntedShores

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
omg the game works without it? jesus.. why do I use it then -.-

@daventry

check the tabs on the top of steam.. press on Steam -> Properties -> Downloads & Cloud then uncheck the cloud option for all games.
enjoy

JeremeW5257

JeremeW5257

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 691 posts
I was just about to post this topic. My Steam syncs every time I exit to desktop. Most of the time it only takes a min or 2, but it's very annoying. It also seems to keep the CK from opening. Glad to know it can be turned off.

FOX_HOUND

FOX_HOUND

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
AHH this was also very annoying to me! I never thought to ask about it though :/ very good news it can be turned off :D

jbranin

jbranin

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Mine syncs every time I exit the game, but it only takes a minute or so at most.

BlackCompany

BlackCompany

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
Thanks for this. Turning if off today. No more CK opening delay. And no more having to move all but 10 saves to another folder to avoid 5 minute sync times. So handy to know. Thanks.

Page loaded in: 1.020 seconds