Team Collaboration with the Creation Kit

BigKevSexyMan

I'm just wondering if the creation kit has a way to break tasks and such up in a way to divide them among a team. For instance, is it possible for one people to do one dungeon, while another person does another, then merge the two esp files into one big one?

For anyone already working with a team, how do you guys usually collaborate and join your works?

With TesVsnip you will need to manually change ID numbers. What you can do is make a whole crapload of duplicates. maybe 200+ refid and 25 edid per team member. delete none for 1 team member, 200 for the next 400 for the next and so on until there are no team members left. Each one is an esm, you have the original .esp with no duplicates in it. they send you an esp of the new stuff, you use tesvsnip to copy that to the original esp. make a new .esm set with all new duplicates. repeat until mod is complete. This way every refid and edid they create is new.

To make a mass amount of refID open a rather large interior cell and duplicate everything in it. move all that so its not ontop of the original. repeat that until you have plenty of copies. you can put a large object in the middle of the copies to mark that they are duplicates. when you make them all an esm to work off of you just clean the cell like any other dirty edit in preperation for merging when they send you what they made.

Edited by jet4571

Oh quests.. converting from esp to esm and back again can break quests with the script not working anymore or just not linked anymore. Atleast thats what i read here as i am not a scripter and couldn't write a script to save my life. But having the team means you have 100% access to everything so if you need to redo the scripts in the final version for export you have the source.

As for my suggestion for working with teams and unique ID numbers its a simple trick i learned in another game to create ID placeholders to reserve the number and TesVsnip is perfect for doing the merge part because it wont change anything except the header while the CK will change everything breaking every link. but its all manual work from both sides since we dont have tools to do it for us.