Vertical ingame menu?

Mansh00ter

Anyone knows if it possible to arrange options in an ingame menu so that they appear vertical (underneath each other) instead of side by side? Having options all appear in one line is really impractical if you have more than a couple.

Alternatively, anyone had any success in creating or modifying the proper game menu, for example adding options to the game options menu?

Anyone knows if it possible to arrange options in an ingame menu so that they appear vertical (underneath each other) instead of side by side? Having options all appear in one line is really impractical if you have more than a couple.

Alternatively, anyone had any success in creating or modifying the proper game menu, for example adding options to the game options menu?

I haven't found a way to do this and for the life of me can't figure out why on earth Bethesda thought that selectios going ACROSS the screen was better than horizontal. Regardless, I think that's why you see a number of mods that have "Summonable Configuration" NPCs that you use a conversation tree to make changes.

As for the options menus not sure if those are ALSO done in flash or not like the rest of the inventory, and other menus.

-MM

That would explain it,...I don't have any :D

Sorry, for context, when you create messges, you can have "Menu Buttons" defined. The problem with the Menu Buttons is that they are all on a single row in multiple columns rather than a single colum with multiiple rows, so if you like to have a rather verbose set of options, they scroll off the left and right side of the screen.

-MM

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm really stunned by this.

Morrowind and Oblivion (probably the prequels too) are all games that have been heavily modded by the community.

So when Bethesda fail to include an easy to use and feature rich layer for handling user input (drop-down lists, check-boxes, sliders), I really can not grasp this.

The thing is, you could not even interact with the UI using the the keyboard in Morrowind and Oblivion, which is probably the main reason I will never play those games again (but partially because I have already spent about 500 hours on them combined). In fact, it wasn't before Fallout (another game studio), that Bethesda's Oblivion engine let me chose buttons on npc-dialogs and stuff like that with keys.

So.. we'll probably have an alritght-scriptable-ui in TES: VII.

But don't get your hopes up :)

i think the only way to have vertical options is to use an NPC topic quest, rather than use the Message form. Look at the IMAGINATOR mod's NPC configuration assistant, for example. His options are in a vertical list.