• Please log in to reply
14498 replies to this topic

Maddo3

Maddo3

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
There were a few mods installed on the save, the only mods that actually edit anything that could cause this would be Warzones and Alternate Start - Live Another Life, can be found here. http://steamcommunit...tails/?id=14243

missjennabee

missjennabee

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,680 posts
@ Maddo3: The only thing I can think of, especially with the Alternate Start mod, is that it's having issues looking for things the save thinks it has that are no longer there. Both of those mod make extensive changes, the CTD could just be from no longer having data that the save is dependent on. Despite my best efforts I haven't been able to find anything in this mod alone that should be causing the type of problem you're having.

Do the crashes happen when those mods are active? or do you have a previous save you could try loading?

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Alternate start does some heavy changes at the beginning of the game. If you had that on that saved and have since uninstalled Alternate Start your save file "baked" in some changes that Alternate start made.

Try a new game with only Expanded Town and Settlement and see if you get the same problem.

Also I know a lot of modders say "Try a new game" and you sigh when you think about doing Helgen again...

So do what I did a while ago. Start a Vanilla game, no mods at all, Run through Helgen into and save when you get out of the cave or in Riverwood. This will be your test mods save. This is my go to save when resolving conflicts since its a super clean save and doesn't have mods baked in it that no longer exist.

Also the beginning of the game is HEAVILY script, even if you plan to make a new game that uses mods, I would recommend having mods turned off when you start a new game anyway.

Good luck and report back you findings!

TeccaNique

TeccaNique

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I noticed under Reported Bugs, you have: #4: Issues with Gerdur and Ralof's paths when entering Riverwood for the first time. *

It also happens with Hadvar.

Another slight problem I found in Riverwood was when I first entered the Inn, Delphine started her usual scripted dialogue with the guy behind the counter (forget his name) that works for her. It was cut off short for some reason - I believe it was because he wasn't in his usual place behind the counter. He was actually sitting down at the front of the bar, which I've never seen him do before, and then began wandering around the inn. Every other new game I've started, he would always be behind the bar.

But that isn't a big problem, it just seemed weird to me.

missjennabee

missjennabee

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,680 posts
@ TeccaNique: The issues with the NPC's paths in general (Gerdur, Ralof, Hadvar, etc.) all have their roots in the navmesh bug - which is evidently better (no CTDs!) but definitely not yet fixed with the 1.5 patch. I went through this mod like 20948209348 times trying to figure out if I had made any mistakes with navmesh or ai packages and (10 hours, 3 cups of coffee and much frustration later) I couldn't find anything that seemed off. I ended up asking around on various forums and it all keeps coming back "navmesh bug".

Evidently - It's very unpredictable, and absolutely. unequivocally. hates. me. For example, I haven't had any issues in testing with the NPCs in Riverwood, but in Ivarstead sometimes Boti makes a mad dash for the lumbermill, stops dead, and starts hoeing the grinding stone. Naturally. Because who wouldn't?

Sadly, there isn't much I can do to actually FIX any of this until there's a new patch for the CK, but as soon as there is, I promise I will.

As for Orgnar (Ognar? Ongar?) THAT I can do something about - I'll have him fixed in the next update :) Thanks!

Edited by missjennabee, 01 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

eldiabs

eldiabs

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
Great work!

kellsbells08

kellsbells08

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
i'm also having some weird npc bahviour issues every now and then, using recycle actor sometimes helps.. but most times they're fine, so i think its probably just that navmesh thingy.

..are you going to be doing the other towns too? XD

Edited by kellsbells08, 03 April 2012 - 01:50 AM.

Roarian

Roarian

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Tested this out with Interesting NPCs, and as far as I can tell it is indeed bugfree, and it does add a lot of atmosphere. Very nice. :)

I'll keep an eye on this one. ^^

missjennabee

missjennabee

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,680 posts
@ eldiabs: Thanks :)

@ kellsbells08: yes, actually just wrapping up Dragon Bridge now, should be out for download tomorrow.

@ roarian: great, glad to hear it's working and thank you much!

asc_kel

asc_kel

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
Not sure if this is related to your mod entirely but I didn't notice it ever happening before in Rorikstead. When going up to Layla's little cabin thing, the ground visibly shakes a lot, several different times with random intervals in between, causing all her stuff and some of the town's porch items to go all over the place. It's almost like a dragon is landing somewhere close by but there isn't one. It's only noticeable near her little cabin thing though, and the well. If anyone has any insight as to why Rorikstead is plagued by earthquakes all of a sudden in my game, I'd appreciate some advice :P

Page loaded in: 1.216 seconds