• Please log in to reply
12248 replies to this topic

sdfgsdjfasdjk

sdfgsdjfasdjk

Faithful poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
so far only ctd i had is when i finish avanchnzel and try to take the lift out to balcony. same happens if i go from other side, and click the door to lift from outside. this happened on 2 chars both times i had to deactivate your mod to get out.

otherwise all good, keep up the good work

asc_kel

asc_kel

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
Seems 1.4 doesn't like me too much..

When I put it in to update, it crashed right after clicking continue, my save was no where near any modded area, infact it was in an interior cell of another mod. I disabled 1.4, went outside that interior cell, to an area no where near any towns or whatnot and saved. Re-enabled 1.4 and it still CTD's after clicking continue. It's pretty high up the load order, but like you said in another post, it doesn't really affect it much as long as there's not conflicting replacers. I know I extracted all the files correctly, to the point of even making sure the originals were cleaned out for a second install just to verify.

I swear, FO and NV never gave this many problems with mods. I had around 400 mods installed on NV alone that all ran together but Skyrim can't seem to cooperate with only a handful, let alone a lot.

*Edit:
Moved it further towards the bottom of the load order (I have two personal mods I made myself that I keep at the bottom, it's now third in line with those two.. one is for interior fast travel and the others items I've made for personal use) and took out Skyrim Sewers Beta 1.0b and the crashes disappeared after clicking continue. I had one CTD while visiting your new town (sorry that name is still hard to remember lol) but once I got away from it long enough for Skyrim to purge it's buffers I think it fixed it. Also, no random earthquakes so far in Rorikstead lol.

Edited by asc_kel, 05 April 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Epharcelis

Epharcelis

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 450 posts
Okey tested the new Version in Riverwood : Still Alvor got the Trading bug :(
No trading possible with him.

And I recognized a floating Lantern near the House of Katla. Minor Thing.

Sorry for the bad News :(

I hope Bethesda fixes that Navmesh Bug soon. Otherwise their new Patch only made some Things worse...

Keep going, cya, Alex :)

Edited by Epharcelis, 05 April 2012 - 08:00 AM.

missjennabee

missjennabee

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,840 posts
@ sdfgsdjfasdjk: This mod doesn't actually edit anything around avanchnzel so that is also super weird. I will check it out tonight :)

@ asc_kel: I'm glad to hear your CTD issue has resolved ... or at least lessened, and that you are now earthquake free, especially since I have no clue what would have been causing that, lol.

@ Epharcelis: As for the floating lantern, are you by any chance using Cozier Villages or any other kind of light adding mod? (a lot of these mods add lanterns to Faendal's house, which I move, and thus a lot of them result in a floating lantern in that area when used with this mod.)

As for Alvor... that actually IS bad news, I tested him like 30982094384 in my test saves and didn't have any issues with him after my discovery of the original problem.

In a probably related note, my CK has been behaving VERY oddly as of late - before releasing the newest version of this mod steam had a meltdown while trying to update, crashed my CK and took out half of the changes I had made. After I reopened the file, things had been altered that I had never touched. (It decided that Halfid in Darkwater was infact the alchemist in Riften and moved them both to an imaginary cell... why? I have no idea, I never touched the alchemist in Riften, and I mean never. touched. didn't copy, didn't use attributes from, etc.) Whats weirder is that whatever problem it had it grandfathered in to all my backups, and even to a totally unrelated ring mod I was using (?!) I went back through and cleaned everything up, or so I believed, but I can't guarantee that things wont be buggy.

In order to resolve this problem I had to completely uninstall the CK and steam, re-download and start again. I'm now saving backups of this mod to NOT my Skyrim folder. My worry is that whatever happened here is now so embedded that I will have to redo the whole damn thing to get it functioning properly, since it seems just cleaning it up has not entirely solved the problem. A lot of resources are still in this imaginary CK created cell, despite that they still APPEAR in their cells of origin. The whole thing is a big ol' mess really. Most of it SEEMS benign, for example - it also moved a bunch of farmhouse doors, but when testing them, they all seem to work regardless ... so I guess my point is that I'm not yet sure what the ramifications of this will be.

I am, truly, very sorry. I'm working on rebuilding and hope to have the whole thing in a shiny new state released in about 2 weeks. Provided, of course, that my CK doesn't nuke everything again.

Edited by missjennabee, 05 April 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Epharcelis

Epharcelis

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 450 posts
Omg what a great s***... I feel sorry for You.

Yes I use Cozier Villages - will see if a different Load Order fixes this Thing, otherwise I will have to live with it ^^

Last Bethesda Patch also caused some serious Problems with older Mods working fine before for Example. And I also think the Creation Kit is not in a good State. May really be the Reason for some ongoing Problems.

I wanted to give the CK a Try a while Ago because had some Ideas about nice Mods, but the german Version had about 2 Millions of Startup Issue Messages so I closed it and never touched it again from then on ^^

If one Day the Community is saying it works well I will give it another Try probably :) Loved modding for Neverwinter Nights Years ago.

So no Stress will follow your Mod and I hope Bethesda will have an intense Look on its CK Publication ^^

cu, Alex :)

nonoodles

nonoodles

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
Hello, this looks like a very nice expansion to the villages indeed and will try it out on my new test character on a new vanilla 100% unmodded game! Always on the lookout for stuff like this so you made me a happy person. Also looks tastefully done. :)

Reading the last few comments, it seems people are experiencing CTDs...well, doesn't matter because I am an intrepid soul!

Oh yeah: to everyone checking out dozens of mods or even just a couple, try using Mod Organizer if you aren't already. Still WIP but could save you a lot of headaches since it has a mod sandbox/isolation feature for different profiles and ensures the vanilla game remains untouched by your mods.

Edited by nonoodles, 05 April 2012 - 12:49 PM.

missjennabee

missjennabee

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,840 posts
@ Epharcelus: yea, sadly that lantern thing happens with Cozier Villges, it's trying to put it on a house that has moved, my suggestion would be to just mark it for delete :) this will of course get rid of the lantern but not the light lol (because nothing is ever that simple).

As for the CK problems, yea the whole thing is really a nightmare, but in Bethesda's defense they do seem to be trying to address the problems. As I said I'll be doing a rebuild which should eliminate the epic destruction this last update caused. There's a rumor that the next patch will even fix the navmesh issues... but unfortunately, word on the street is ALL of the navmesh added by mods will then need to be redone lol SO either way, have to re-do the mod lol.

Thanks for all your patience. I'll get this stupid thing working eventually I promise, and at least this will give me the chance to make Riverwood modular which will save me OHSOMANY headaches later on :)

@ nonoodles: Thanks much, hopefully it works... at least sort of alright for you! lol. I hope to have a more stable version out soon-ish.

Edited by missjennabee, 05 April 2012 - 05:46 PM.

AsaRuth

AsaRuth

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,974 posts
@missjennabee- I very much like this mod. I was pleasantly surprised with how much of a difference it made. The lay out felt very natural. Also, best of luck with rebuild, and what a nightmare you had on your plate. I look forward to the day the CK bugs are worked out and the community can really sink their teeth into it. That said, thanks for the great mod.
AsaRuth

blink86

blink86

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
First: I love Ivarstead and Rorikstead with your mod.

Second: I found a bug in your version without Riverwood (I am using it, because I love Riverwood Redux as well ;)). The door to Faendals House is located inside the house and the door to Gerdur and Hods House is shifted slightly to the left inside the wall of the house. Did you move these houses in the normal version?

winterlove

winterlove

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 575 posts
I tried this mod, and I think it is awesome. Regretfully, though, I've had to remove it from my load order because doing so fixed a 100% reproducible CTD as I arrived at Mixwater Mill on the road from the south. This is not very far from Lindisfarne, so I suspect that may have something to do with it.

I'll endorse the mod, though, and I've added it to my tracking list so I can keep up to date with it for when the game and the CK become stable enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.922 seconds