Mouse suddenly stopped working in Skyrim

snackbidi

Hey guys

I'd be much obliged if someone could provide a solution for my problem. I was playing Skyrim just fine today, had to exit the game for a bit and when I came back on, the mouse no longer works. I can't look around or move the crosshair. The scroll wheel for zoom still works and the right and left mouse buttons still do their attack and everything, but I just can't aim or change the camera angle. Also, the compass moves in relation to how the crosshairs should move with the mouse, so I know that the game is getting directional input from the mouse, but it just isn't functioning to actually control where my character is pointing.

Please help

Thank you

• 1 year later...

I'm actually having an opposite problem. I was using TFC and accidentally pressed the power button. I was using Dovahkiin Relaxes Too, which alters the camera's ability to zoom in or out. I turned off TFC, but then I couldn't scroll in or out or even attack. I can just draw my weapon with R and force into first by pressing F. I can also look around just fine, so I know it's not my mouse.

I remember this happening twice in the past. The first time, I jst restarted the game. The second time, I never got it fixed and had to reinstall the game.

first try:

open console and type: kill -- this will kill you :P maybe it resets the camera

second try:

open console and type: enableplayercontrols -- this will enable controls again which might be disabled

• 11 months later...

Okay, so I'm a year late to the party ...

I'm having a problem where, occasionally, all my controls work EXCEPT the left and right mouse buttons. Can't attack, block, cast spells, click on things in inventory or the escape menus. I can say for certain that enableplayercontrols doesn't work, because there are no controls disabled.

As far as the cause of my particular issue, it seems to have something to do with talking to people. However, it seems to be largely intermittent: sometimes it happens, usually it doesn't. It seems to happen more if I talk to somebody within a few seconds of being in TFC mode, and is almost certain to hit me if somebody force-talks me while I'm in TFC. It's really hard to pinpoint the exact point where it starts, because it can be quite some time before I realize my controls don't work.

The only thing that helps is to restart the game ... since I can't actually click on anything, I have to do it from the console:

~
save fffffffffffffffff
qqq

And then everything's fine when I start the game and continue.

While I was writing this, it occured to me that if it's related to talking to people, then maybe CAM might fix it, like we used to do in FO3/FNV/Oblivion when we didn't have a 'goodbye' topic thanks to a wonky mod. I'll try that the next time it happens (could be ten minutes, could be ten hours) and report my findings.

Edit: Apparently, CAM/closeallmenus no longer exists in Skyrim. But now I'm having suspicions that it happens when I use the mouse buttons while in TFC for elevation control ... hmm ... but no clue how to fix it aside from restarting

Edited by Krysee

• 5 months later...

first try:

open console and type: kill -- this will kill you :tongue: maybe it resets the camera

second try:

open console and type: enableplayercontrols -- this will enable controls again which might be disabled

Just wanted to say that the last time this happened to me, enableplayercontrols did the trick.

The weird part was that no matter which save file I loaded, left and right mouse buttons along with inventory didn't work, but my menus did as did console. In either case, this was the answer for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...