NMM Not working with Skyrim

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Dark_Wych

Dark_Wych

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
So I'm just going to go ahead and say in advance that the tone of my post here is going to be a bit snippy because I have literally spent -ALL- of my Saturday trying to get this ridiculous program to work. I apologize in advance and please take everything I say here with a grain of salt.

That being said, I have spent my entire Saturday (as mentioned before) trying to get mods for this game to work with this program and I get absolutely nothing but frustration at both wasted effort and time. And I know everyone will be rolling their eyes and thinking "you're doing it wrong noob and it's not that hard" but apparently it is because everything (and I mean literally everything) aside from a retexture mod that I try to install does sweet F&%^ all. I spent literally two to three hours wrestling with only a hair mod (which I'm convinced is broken anyways because even after manual installation it refused to work) to make my character just a little bit nicer looking with hair that doesn't look like blades of dyed grass attached to her head. Well alright, you get one bad mod in a bunch, right?

No, literally everything else that isn't a retexture mod has been absolute fail and I don't get why NMM chose my computer and my game to do F*%&ing s%&^ all with because I see comments under the very same mods I'm trying to install saying "Hey great work, awesome going" and "More please!" and all that fun stuff. I have tried uninstalling the mods, reinstalling them, uninstalling NMM and reinstalling and even going as far as uninstalling and reinstalling Skyrim over and over again in hopes that eventually my retarded computer will get it right at least once.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has a similar issue (preferably someone who has resolved it) could get to me on this as soon as possible (hopefuly before the weekend is over because I actually want to play this game again before the next week starts) to reach a resolution to this matter. That being said, I'm allocating my blame on to NMM mostly because it's convenient and it gives me a focus for my frustration.

Zaldiir

Zaldiir

Hero of Kvatch

• Staff
  • 5,102 posts
So, let me get this straight: When installed with NMM the mods does not work, and when installed manually, they don't work either? If that is so, there is something up with your game, not NMM.

First off, in the Skyrim launcher (Vanilla one), is "Data Files" greyed out?

Asakurasoul

Asakurasoul

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So, let me get this straight: When installed with NMM the mods does not work, and when installed manually, they don't work either? If that is so, there is something up with your game, not NMM.

Zaldiir my data files are greyed out! D:
PLZ tell me how to fix it, im struggling right now with the deadly dragons mod... it worked once but when they released a new update (DD update) the mod doesnt work anymore for me T.T and... as you said my data files are greyed out in the launcher...

PLIS HELP :D

NVM!! allready fixed it!!! :D
well ill explain how i did it for the ones that have the same problem and maybe this solves the dark wych problem too... ummm to enable data files that it seems you need for texture mods u need to go to Documents/My games/Skyrim and open skyrimprefs.ini and in the [Launcher] line add this:
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
bLoadLooseFiles=1

i did that and now i can use deadly dragons mod... since the new update came with a texture pack i think that was the problem... GOOD LUCK GUYS :D

Edited by Asakurasoul, 25 March 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Dark_Wych

Dark_Wych

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Ah yes, well now that I've had some fun with New Vegas (Using FOMM, woo) and a good night's (or morning's considering when I went to bed xD) rest I'm more liable to see logic and that actually makes a degree of sense to me.

To answer your question, yes, Data Files is greyed out and I haven't really seen that as a problem until just now. Any idea how to fix that? :D

Zaldiir

Zaldiir

Hero of Kvatch

• Staff
  • 5,102 posts

To answer your question, yes, Data Files is greyed out and I haven't really seen that as a problem until just now. Any idea how to fix that? :D

Asakurasoul posted the answer above:

...go to Documents/My games/Skyrim and open skyrimprefs.ini and in the [Launcher] line add this:
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
bLoadLooseFiles=1

TheParkedTruck

TheParkedTruck

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Oh my god, thanks x 1000 Zalkiir. I just spent the last 3 hours trying to get mods to work. I was changing the bEnableFileSelection=1 thing in the wrong folder. Finally get to mod my game more than reskins :D.

Sniffo20

Sniffo20

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't know what I may have done wrong, I did all of this, it still doesn't work and my data files is still grayed out.

derbeni95

derbeni95

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm also having a problem, though a different one. But I didn't want to start a new thread.
So the problem is: I can't logon to the Nexus Forums through the NMM, so it doesn't work. :(
Any help is appreciated.

guanyu821223

guanyu821223

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:biggrin:

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

So the problem is: I can't logon to the Nexus Forums through the NMM,

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/476142-cannot-log-in-to-the-mod-manager/

Page loaded in: 1.080 seconds