Skyrim crashes right after Bethesdas logo

47X

• 4 months later...

I've been getting the same issue here, I've tried everything listed above and went to the other sites listed, All my master files are there, my Load Order troubleshooter shows everything running fine, TESV that is. I don't have a Skyrim.ini, only the skyrimpref one. tried deleting that, doesn't work. Disabled and even removed every mod. Nothing. Reinstalled.. Now it's saying it can't validate the game. This is a legit version from GameStop so I don't know why it wouldn't... Only thing I haven't tried is just uninstalling and installing through steam itself and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work anyway... Any suggestions now? : /

• 9 months later...

Old thread, I know. BUT someone out there will probably need it in the future.

I was having the same issue as everyone else. Out of the blue, Skyrim just started to crash immediately after the Bethesda logo.

I tried everything, and my problem was so simple....

DUAL SHEATH REDUX!!!!

If you're like me, and you are using DSR, then you are probably aware of the SkyProc Patch needed for it to run. The problem is, if any new mods are installed that adjust the settings DSR does, then the patch is no longer effective. This causes Skyrim to CTD as soon as the main menu actually loads, due to a miss referencing. The solution: update DSR's patch. It should work fine then! (To test this, turn off the DSR patch and see if Skyrim will load. If it doesn't, then this solution wont work for you, and I recommend turning mods off four at a time until you get it working, then, turn the last four mods on one at a time until skyrim crashes. The one you just turned on is you're problem child. Otherwise, Skyrim will load when DSR Patch is turned off, and you most likely need to rerun SkyProc and update your patch. Simple!)

It would appear that CTD issues occur a lot with modding. Sadly, I have a feeling that such a problem will never go away. As long as we are changing the game, something will EVENTUALLY make it crash. Luckily, it is usually a simple fix.

• 1 year later...