Ugh. Bored with Oblivion, Can't run skyrim

Deleted472477User

Blade of Darkness is a fun one I still play. It isn't heavy on the rpg elements or open world but it has a good old school hack and slash action adventure feel to it. Terraria is pretty good also. If you haven't played Morrowind, Its much more fun than Oblivion (my opinion :tongue: )

There are not enough RPG games released any more :sad: . (Dead Island was not bad but I am not sure about its hardware requirements). Dota 2 is also really good but its hardly a role playing game.

so what about your current PC can't play Skyrim (while it still plays Oblivion)

Slow processor (you don't want to know) and a not so good video card (looks decent for Oblivion, but I'm pretty sure it would cark up and die if I tried Skyrim on it.) With Skyrim preferring a quad core processor, I'm afraid to try. I don't want to pay a ton of money for something that might not work, so I'm just going to have to wait until I have a decent desktop and not a craptop. Now, if there's something like oldblivion out there for skyrim, I'd be happy to give it a go.

Edited by nyxalinth

Actually, Skyrim runs well with a duo core processor (especially after patch 1.3 I believe where they added additional duo core support). What is your cpu clocked at and what is the video card? If you can run Oblivion fairly well you should be able to run Skyrim on mid/lower mid settings I would think.

Actually, Skyrim runs well with a duo core processor (especially after patch 1.3 I believe where they added additional duo core support). What is your cpu clocked at and what is the video card? If you can run Oblivion fairly well you should be able to run Skyrim on mid/lower mid settings I would think.

well, I just did that Can You run It thing, and my laptop passes on everything but the processor, which is a tad slow. But it also tells me I cant run Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Wow, all of which do decently with a decent framerate on low to medium settings. So I might be able to do it after all. I'll give it a go and see.